• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

I think this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to get a color palette or at least a color bar in the adjust color window (in both lighting and prop customization)? It's hard to tell what color I'm moving towards as I scroll...

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

(febe films)
I think this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to get a color palette or at least a color bar in the adjust color window (in both lighting and prop customization)? It's hard to tell what color I'm moving towards as I scroll...

Turn up the color intensity and you can see all the colors as you scroll through.

#3 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

I've never seen the format for color that I've seen for moviestorm anywhere else. In line with keeping things in a familar format, putting in a more conventional color pallette would certainly make it easier for me. That double slider thing is HARD to get an exact shade on.

#4 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

yup, we need this - will put it (back) onto the list of things to do...
-- twak

#5 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

Yes, Lucinda - of course turning up the intensity does help, but I simply prefer to have a visual color spectrum so that I don't have to scroll through all the options. I like to "jump" directly to the color I want, you know? Also, I'm used to using specific color definitions in HSB/RGB mode. It might be a good idea to have an "advanced" option so we can perfectly match colors from other resources (like Photoshop) or the various content within the scene (i.e. if I want my couch to perfectly match my chair, etc., it might be easiest to manually define my colors numerically).

#6 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

New colour palette is out in new build. What'ya think? There are still no HSB values, but is it headed in the right direction?
-- twak

#7 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

twak - I'm anxious to try this out tonight; thanks so much for including it. I'll let you know.

#8 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

Definitely headed in the right direction, twak. A very useful tool. Do you know if this will be what the final UI for color options will be?