58 replies to this topic

#1 merlinclancy

merlinclancy

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

Birdcage scaffold

A birdcage scaffold is an independent scaffold that consists of more than two rows of standards in both directions and is connected by ledgers and transoms. It is mainly used for work that is to be carried out on a single level, such as ceilings.

Single pole scaffold

This section only applies to wooden single-pole scaffolds (see Figure 23.15). This type of scaffold has platforms resting on putlogs or cross beams, the outside ends of which are supported on ledgers secured to a single row of posts or uprights, the inner ends of which are supported on or in a wall. The advantage of a Single pole Scaffold is that less materials are used as there are no inside standards or ledgers. The disadvantage is that if the ground dries out and shrinks slightly, or a heavy load is placed on the scaffold then as the standards and ledgers drop they lever the brickwork apart!

Suspended (swingstage) scaffold

A suspended scaffold incorporates a suspended platform that is capable of being raised or lowered when in use. An example of a suspended scaffold is a swingstage scaffold. These types of scaffolds are commonly associated with the type’s window washers

Cantilever Scaffold

Cantilever scaffold, also known as jib scaffold and trussed scaffold, is a scaffold formed with the tubes cantilevered out of an opening in the building,

Hanging bracket scaffold

Hanging bracket scaffolding can be a cost-effective way to provide safe access to eaves and provide fall protection to roofers and other workers. However, it is important to remember that the risk of falling during the erection and dismantling of hanging bracket scaffolding must be controlled.

#2 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I smell spam...

"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Clearly it is just a commentry on the new Construction Site pack that is nearly ready. Maybe.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Personally I say get your frying pan and some bread out, it`s a post worthy of it.

#5 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Nov 22 2011, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clearly it is just a commentry on the new Construction Site pack that is nearly ready. Maybe.

LOL - cut and paste from the web.
And what's the link about? And how exactly is it relevant to filmmaking?

My students get zero for this kind of cr*p.

"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#6 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

edit: repeated post (don't know how that happened, sorry!)

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I found it rather fascinating I must admit wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Wow! I didn't know so much about scaffolding until now. Sadly, I still don't care.

#9 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Nov 22 2011, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL - cut and paste from the web.
And what's the link about? And how exactly is it relevant to filmmaking?

My students get zero for this kind of cr*p.

There was a link?

Did anyone read more than a sentence before they started skimming to find the relevance?
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#10 quasimodder

quasimodder

Director

• Pioneers
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hum I am not being seen these scaffolding in the listing with the newest package, no?

peas and lofe to alls you

#11 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi Quasi. Nice to see you around again.
Have you got anything up your sleeve for us soon? I'd welcome some more hats and other accessories.
Peas and stuff to you too!

#12 quasimodder

quasimodder

Director

• Pioneers
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hallo the lofely Luxaeterman smile.gif
Hum o yes my having being the works in a special place and the making of great big new ones. Yes I expose the doings to every over some days. So now my being exciting every in a Clue smile.gif
Attached File  relogio_musical_a.mp3   276.78KB   5 downloads Hoho and now my being having the ideias and if my being showing to you these the doings, may you being making the lofely movies for my here in Movie Storm yes? My being mostly appreciating if your being finding kindness inside you for it wub.gif

Peas and Lofe Quasimodder

#13 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

Wow, is this a machine type pack? Keep the clues coming, I love being teased!

If you need any help with a movie let me know.

#14 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

Ooh er, get yer podger bolt out of my cuplock you disgusting little man smile.gif

#15 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

He missed a few

Kwickstage (yellow jelly) , Plus Eight , Plettac , Sets and frames (usa), Ring lok (Layher ripoff) , Safeway System (like plus eight) , Alustar , Tech lock , Sprint . They all have their strengths but have nothing on T&F

#16 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (merlinclancy @ Nov 22 2011, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is important to remember that...falling during the erection...must be controlled.

Yes. I find that falling on an erection can be quite painful.
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#17 quasimodder

quasimodder

Director

• Pioneers
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Nov 28 2011, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, is this a machine type pack? Keep the clues coming, I love being teased!

If you need any help with a movie let me know.

So my being teasing you some again rolleyes.gif My new package helping you being the make of most special movie types cool.gif So here is being the extra clue >> the mostly famosos of the type is being with a Man without any smile.gif

Yes please.

peas and lofe to all you all

#18 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

A man without any....hmmm that's a tough clue.

I put 'man without any' into the intertwat movie database and came up with a long list, many of them quite obscure...like this french film 'man without a head'.

http://www.imdb.com/...263/plotsummary

...but that made me think...could it be a zombie pack...man without an arm, man without a leg, that kind of thing?

Special film type could be horror?

#19 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Q:What do you call a man with no arms and no legs who can swim the English channel?
A:Clever dick.

I just love old chestnuts.

Come to think of it, have you ever seen "The Man With No Chestnuts"? It's a Period Christmas Melodrama. I loved it. It scored really highly on Rotten Tomatos (to-may-toes) I can't understand why it only scores 3.4 on IMDB - but hey, at least it's got a credit, huh?!

#20 quasimodder

quasimodder

Director

• Pioneers
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Nov 30 2011, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q:What do you call a man with no arms and no legs who can swim the English channel?
A:Clever dick.

I just love old chestnuts.

Come to think of it, have you ever seen "The Man With No Chestnuts"? It's a Period Christmas Melodrama. I loved it. It scored really highly on Rotten Tomatos (to-may-toes) I can't understand why it only scores 3.4 on IMDB - but hey, at least it's got a credit, huh?!

Hallo luxtaerternam! Hum who is the dick sad.gif He famosa Inglesh man? Only famosa Inglesh I am being the knowing is dick vandyck but he having the arms and so on mellow.gif And pleasing what are the chest nuts dry.gif
Hallo kffoo! No they being too sceery unsure.gif
And pleasing being the noting you girls smile.gif I am giving it to you only the one time of the day laugh.gif Clue this the day is >> the big ator in the movie for in the which of the other clues being talking of he is being working with the monkey cool.gif
oh hallo Corthew! I not being the knowing the you the much smile.gif No it not being the rude type as well

peas and lofe in all yours the lifes