• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

Anybody like to start a car-yard, just need a fire truck or just a plane?

Sizable and movable. Some even tintable
more then 40 should keep most people happy :-)

More details; a short video and downloads at my website:
http://3dtree3bs.blo...torm-addon.html

is it Christmas? :-)
Happy driving (Holidays) :-)

#2 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:46 AM

These look great tree! I'm blown away.

I'm also a little scared. Would someone please give tree some inside scoop and a head start on the Modder's Marketplace before he floods the entire community and washes away the future of SF? :shock:

Only half kidding there, but, really they do look great. Are they Google Warehouse models or your own?

#3 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

In total awe.

And we've been needing more cars for ages. Thank you!

#4 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: I understand your concern Angri, but then I think we need to hear a statement from SF clarifying their future business plans regarding the addon market really soon. I think we all love MS enough to respect their wishes until they can implement the controls they need to leverage such assets, even if it amounts to a statement of, "please do not release anything that is actually cool."

Absent such a statement, they have thrown the gate wide open. The release of packs like this one was just a matter of time.

#5 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

(AngriBuddhist)
These look great tree! I'm blown away.

I'm also a little scared. Would someone please give tree some inside scoop and a head start on the Modder's Marketplace before he floods the entire community and washes away the future of SF? :shock:

Only half kidding there, but, really they do look great. Are they Google Warehouse models or your own?

Flood? LOL I've got that planned when the Marketplace kicks in ;-)

Enjoy and everybody is welcome to donate too ;-) 8)

The models were all edited in sketchup for converting ( a few from G.warehouse) . Saved a lot of time with less failures in the sketchup converter. I hope people will enjoy to use in their movies. The good thing is they all can be turned into toy size or real car size.

got a few ideas for updates: .... would be cool to have headlights and stick some guys inside like the cool police cars in the L&O addon........even to have some cars with their doors open....interiors only for character conversations ......also thinking of more crashed cars..... but probably little time for now (and little know-how) over the holidays.

ideas/comments/suggestions always welcome.

With so many new cars on the road, thankfully we can all have the Law&Order Addon :-)

#6 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

These are most awesome, tree! Wow!

#7 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

(reptor7)
These are most awesome, tree! Wow!

thanks, I hope you get to use them.

(thefr00n)
Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: I understand your concern Angri, but then I think we need to hear a statement from SF clarifying their future business plans regarding the addon market really soon. I think we all love MS enough to respect their wishes until they can implement the controls they need to leverage such assets, even if it amounts to a statement of, "please do not release anything that is actually cool."

Absent such a statement, they have thrown the gate wide open. The release of packs like this one was just a matter of time.

Thanks, enjoy.

my impression is that SF encourages users to upload 'cool' content= the more the better. (Just in the area of vehicles there is still a plethora of props possibilities-. )

IF the quality is good, it only improves the depth of field of MS.for everybody. Some user addon's can inspire new movies, new ideas (for example davidwww shopping centre (shelf) and subway addon)

Monetizing to spark growth and development naturally would be important to the SF business (moviestorm growth)

IF i was to get moviestorm points for my efforts i wonder if it would be of any great value to me unless i got money by redemable points if i built enough points.

probably wouldn't cover the time I spent on research and development times in making assets though.... at least it would be in part a encouragement of someones value on what i shared with them.

Quality is important; nobody wants pretty assets that cripple moviestorm playability. Logically a quality control would be needed. Internally moviestorm software doesn't know how to do that very well, so it has to be done manually. That's why I'd like feedback on my addons also.

For now user content assets are generally buried deep within the forums where you would need to hunt for them.. a lot of great stuff from a good few people.
For myself; I have tried to address this by making a website for my addons-- making it really easy for people to find my addons. There is a RSS feed and I could even set up for people to get emails when new assets are available. YOu could even donate a few $ if you felt inclined.

It would be nice if i could have Auto-update within MS too.....

Anyway:
I'd like to see my addons in the 'marketplace' and a SF user assets recommendation area with updates and 'nestled' feedback (not like the forum where comments can swallow the asset page details.).

I take a look at other 3d user created props like secondlife or theSims.... User content is very prolific. I feel that SF. naturally will love more good user content for moviestorm.

Users have only got started on static props.
Haven't even touched the possibilities for clothing, animations, environmental effects and characters.

(willshetterly)
In total awe.

And we've been needing more cars for ages. Thank you!

welcome :-) yes, more car varieties makes for more realism.
Adding a new paint job to my sports car prop can add at least 5 more cars to the asset list. :-)

----------
Feedback/ comments and suggestions always welcome :-)

#8 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

Very, very nice tree, now street scenes can look a little bit more real.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#9 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

If it could reach my jaw would literally be on the floor.

I was going ask someone for a taxi soon when my next movie is done being written, so I promise I'll use at least that, but I'm sure I'll use so much more.

Thank you so much for sharing these, tree - you are amazing!

#10 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi Tree, that's a really impressive car park you've got there!

One thing I think I can clarify about future plans is that we will not be able to let users make money from Google Warehouse imports. The copyright messages are clear that money cannot be taken for conversion and resale of their props.

Any props made by modders for sale in the marketplace will have to be entirely their own creation, or from a source that allows modification and resale - i.e. maybe us.

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Moviestorm has always encouraged innovation from us and they will I am sure continue to do so. The more, more of us get quality films and products out there, the better Moviestorm looks.

Okay Tree, fess up, how did you get the cars to move? I applied the mobile and navigation functions but it still did not work. Looked through all the animations thinking that was missing, but that wasn't it either.

#12 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

Wow, tree! Awesome! Thanks smile.gif

#13 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

These are excellent. There are so many of them.
Nice work Tree.
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#14 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

(Chris Ollis)

One thing I think I can clarify about future plans is that we will not be able to let users make money from Google Warehouse imports. The copyright messages are clear that money cannot be taken for conversion and resale of their props.

Any props made by modders for sale in the marketplace will have to be entirely their own creation, or from a source that allows modification and resale - i.e. maybe us.

Glad you enjoyed my parking lot. it'll make for a great dodgy Car salesman commercial.

As things stand i could be selling these Addons (on my own website-- i'd probably get a few buyers) but i offer people to donate instead to encourage if they find it useful for now.

"entirely their own creation" LOL sounds God-like

It's funny how my addons have turned to financial talk for some. Of course there is alot i can say to disagree and agree... on the matter. people have their reasons...

You all can enjoy my addons; They are all reborn into Cal3d..moviestorm addons.... Orphaned and free of their pasts.. enjoy :-)
Props are like people.. you never sell them just the jobs they are doing.....

(lucindamc123)
Moviestorm has always encouraged innovation from us and they will I am sure continue to do so. The more, more of us get quality films and products out there, the better Moviestorm looks.

Okay Tree, fess up, how did you get the cars to move? I applied the mobile and navigation functions but it still did not work. Looked through all the animations thinking that was missing, but that wasn't it either.

you applied the "navigation" ? I've only applied the mobile.
I'm not sure what navigation is used for yet.
))wouldn't it be cool if we had a MS howto manual if the SF manager is serious about user content-- maybe it's on the todo list. ((

IF i get time and energy, maybe I'll make a quick demo of how i get a prop to 'slide". you are probably just making a tiny mistake.

meanwhile: I'd like to know how to gets wheels to spin from the law and order cars... so i could have a ball to roll properly, like the snowball rolling down the mountain in Chris's video ;-)

@ Luxaeternam and Armanus :
Thanks and enjoy.

I've seen people driving around with the same old cars... I thought it was time for a bigger variety.

comments/suggestions/ and even error reports (if any)welcome. I've only tested this addon on 2 computers (old and new) so i would appreciate any feedback on the practical use.

#15 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks Tree !

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

(tree)
(Chris Ollis)

Glad you enjoyed my parking lot. it'll make for a great dodgy Car salesman commercial.

As things stand i could be selling these Addons (on my own website-- i'd probably get a few buyers) but i offer people to donate instead to encourage if they find it useful for now.

"entirely their own creation" LOL sounds God-like

It's funny how my addons have turned to financial talk for some. Of course there is alot i can say to disagree and agree... on the matter. people have their reasons...

You all can enjoy my addons; They are all reborn into Cal3d..moviestorm addons.... Orphaned and free of their pasts.. enjoy :-)
Props are like people.. you never sell them just the jobs they are doing.....

(lucindamc123)

you applied the "navigation" ? I've only applied the mobile.
I'm not sure what navigation is used for yet.
))wouldn't it be cool if we had a MS howto manual if the SF manager is serious about user content-- maybe it's on the todo list. ((

IF i get time and energy, maybe I'll make a quick demo of how i get a prop to 'slide". you are probably just making a tiny mistake.

meanwhile: I'd like to know how to gets wheels to spin from the law and order cars... so i could have a ball to roll properly, like the snowball rolling down the mountain in Chris's video ;-)

@ Luxaeternam and Armanus :
Thanks and enjoy.

I've seen people driving around with the same old cars... I thought it was time for a bigger variety.

comments/suggestions/ and even error reports (if any)welcome. I've only tested this addon on 2 computers (old and new) so i would appreciate any feedback on the practical use.

Yes first I applied mobile and it didn't make the Santa Sleigh move so I applied navigate and that didn't work either. I might have to repack and republish the mod though to make that work. I think I will try that.

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

(Chris Ollis)

Yes I am well aware of that as I read the entire terms of use for Google Warehouse and since I don't use 3D tools, I will not be selling any props myself. However, by reading the terms, I was happy to find out that I can use these props from Google Warehouse in my movies even if they are on TV and that was what I was most concerned about. I think you can market a movie with a Google Warehouse prop in it but I am not sure, however, I am a long way away from "selling" any downloads or DVD's of my movies. And I will just be submitting to TV and festivals for the next year.

#18 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that is the case Lucinda. It's the re-selling of the 3d object as a 3d object (not a rendered movie or even still image) that they frown upon.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#19 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

(Chris Ollis)
I'm pretty sure that is the case Lucinda. It's the re-selling of the 3d object as a 3d object (not a rendered movie or even still image) that they frown upon.

Thanks Chris. That makes and the importer that allows us to import Google Warehouse models into Moviestorm is going to save me so much time. I worked hours and hours sometimes on one image to make parts of houses and buildings for instance. YEAH, even I figured out how to import the models. That means it is very easy to do.

#20 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

The interesting gray area in this is exactly where Tree is: he's offering a tip jar if you care to use it. Frankly, I don't see any way Google could or would object to that. Tree isn't requiring anyone to tip, and converting things for others to use is a service that could be rewarded, so I think everyone is fine.