Photo

New Content Release: Moviestorm Sword Fighting!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

This latest AddOn features a collection of props, costumes and animations for battle scenes within Moviestorm.
The pack is loosely based around medieval fantasy, with a period sword fighting costume from that era for each of the male and female characters. There are sword props (seven variations) that can be added to the costumes in the sheathed position, both on the character’s backs and sheathed at their hip, and shields to finish the ensemble.
To continue the theme, we have a selection of jousting-style flags with cloth variations, and two tents that can have their trim and fabric colours customised for infinite variety. The swords and shields can also be added to the set as props, so you can scatter them on a battlefield, or create an armoury for your characters...
The rest (and majority) of the pack is dedicated to the sword fighting animations for the male and female characters. There’s a total of 45 prop animations that the characters can perform alone, and 16 mutual moves that can be added to your timeline to choreograph your fights. Essentially, this means countless combinations of single and mutual sequences for your movies!

You can find the new pack on our Marketplace at the following location: http://www.moviestor...tent_pack?id=84
And don’t forget to check out the tutorial video to get the most out of the pack (find it here:
text version available here: http://www.moviestor...ing_intro.html)
Have fun Moviestorming!
The Moviestorm Team

#2 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Jun 11 2012, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooooohhh!!!

Salivating!!!
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

#4 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

This is a great addition! Congrats MS team! Buying it now.

#5 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

adding this pack to my MS. great work

forumsig.png

#6 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Huzzah!

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

I just tried to purchase the pack and I get an error message. It could be because I changed my PayPal password and ID since the last time I purchased something here but I can't find anywhere where I can correct that information here.

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ooh I love new stuff and this looks excellent.
Now I just have to figure out how to buy it, since PayPal say they have no record of issues with my Credit Card but their guest card system still refuses to let me buy things!

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#9 reshonda

reshonda

Master Director

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Can't wait to use this!

"One Cruel Summer"

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=108240
TPC

#10 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 11 2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I just have to figure out how to buy it, since PayPal say they have no record of issues with my Credit Card but their guest card system still refuses to let me buy things!

Are you still in a third world country?

The system may think you're a Nigerian posing as you after getting your info from some (can't believe those actually work) reply to an 'offal'cial letter informing you of all the money you've won in the UK lottery you didn't even know you entered and you can have it all if you give them your login info for Paypal.smile.gif
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Problem solved. I was able to purchase the Sword Fighting addon and download it fine.

#12 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Glad you got it sorted, Lucinda.

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 11 2012, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How are you getting on Primaveranz? Please let us know if you need any help...

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#13 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

How are you getting on Primaveranz? Please let us know if you need any help...
[/quote]

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

I believe Matt Kelland has a similar issue with PayPal. They are verminous scumbags if you ask me. The only solution they offered was to set up a PayPal account. That seems like coercion and/or corrupt business practice to me. Block random people from using their "guest" system, make them phone an international toll number for help and then force them to sign up for a PayPal service.
In fact it is more like piracy or extortion. It is sad to see more and more websites using their services as I am slowly becoming disenfranchised....

#14 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I`m not sure what experience you have had with paypal, I`m guessing it has been a really poor one in the past. Personally though I have been registered with paypal for years and never had any problems at all from them. They have never taken money from my account unless I have purchased something using their service, even then it has always only been to the value of what I was purchasing and nothing more unsure.gif

It is a shame you don`t get on with paypal, hope something can be sorted for you.

#15 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

I've sent you a PM, Primaveranz.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#16 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Now, sorry if I am missing something, but in the tutorials, I hear the clinging of swords when they fight, but when I have my characters fight, there is no clinging, does the sounds come with the pack and I am missing it or do I have to find sounds elsewhere?
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (jakechief @ Jun 17 2012, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, sorry if I am missing something, but in the tutorials, I hear the clinging of swords when they fight, but when I have my characters fight, there is no clinging, does the sounds come with the pack and I am missing it or do I have to find sounds elsewhere?

Check that you haven't switched off the "Foley" sounds.

#18 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

The foley's is on and no sound.
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#19 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

That's very odd. Do you get footsteps and other sounds inside Moviestorm?
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#20 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Jun 18 2012, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's very odd. Do you get footsteps and other sounds inside Moviestorm?

Yeah, I hear footsteps.