• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 lizarkeo

lizarkeo

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

As a former web developer myself, I support the Arthur's "solution": we could upload our new movies anywhere, save the link on the MS database (movie upload page) and keep all the rest working as usual. So, everybody could be happy. MS dedicating more time and resources on the core biz and the loyal MStorm Troopers like us keeping our beloved showcasing and mutual admiration space ;-)

Cheers.

#42 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I started a channel on VEOH for MOVIESTORM. Here is the link. If you want to upload your movies there send me a private message and I will give you the login information.

http://www.veoh.com/myprofile

#43 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I just want to make sure that Moviestorm doesn't do something silly, such as tie itself to YouTube in the same way that Muvizu has. Their "Gallery" is a YouTube Channel so if you want to upload to it you need to have a YouTube login and almost inevitably a Google + login too.

That would not work for me at all.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#44 juancardenes

juancardenes

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

What is going to happen to the user page? It is going to be in blank?

#45 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 15 2013, 5:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to make sure that Moviestorm doesn't do something silly, such as tie itself to YouTube in the same way that Muvizu has. Their "Gallery" is a YouTube Channel so if you want to upload to it you need to have a YouTube login and almost inevitably a Google + login too.

That would not work for me at all.

We will have to do what makes most commercial sense for us, the majority of our users. At this point, we would prefer to keep the Moviestorm service running - there are a LOT of great movies up there, and more being added all the time. But, there are issues on the horizon that will need to be overcome.
We will keep you posted - looks like nothing will be done before well into the New Year, whatever.
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#46 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (flashman @ Dec 16 2013, 4:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We will have to do what makes most commercial sense for us, the majority of our users. At this point, we would prefer to keep the Moviestorm service running - there are a LOT of great movies up there, and more being added all the time. But, there are issues on the horizon that will need to be overcome.
We will keep you posted - looks like nothing will be done before well into the New Year, whatever.

I sure hope you can keep the movies section here. It is important for Moviestorm. I started a Moviestorm channel over on VEOH and anyone can upload their movies there. They just have to send me an email saying they want to use the Moviestorm VEOH channel and I will give them the password.

#47 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

The countdown is running, but I'm still holding out hope that a solution may be found, we'll see.

#48 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=110159

#49 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Dec 29 2013, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!

Love it. Thanks Mystery and thanks Ichikaidan
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#50 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Is this Y2K all over again?
I´m scared unsure.gif

#51 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Everything is going to be alright. blink.gif Just hold hands and sing along,
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya biggrin.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#52 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (sosberg @ Dec 30 2013, 5:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything is going to be alright. blink.gif Just hold hands and sing along,
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya biggrin.gif

Please pass the bottle. Pins and needles. sad.gif sad.gif
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#53 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

I got inspired by Ichikaidan, soooooooooooo.....

wink.gif

#54 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Dec 31 2013, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got inspired by Ichikaidan, soooooooooooo.....

wink.gif
Thank you
You re very welcome. Were will they land?
Time is running out
Creating situations and learning to see.

#55 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Dec 24 2013, 1:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The countdown is running, but I'm still holding out hope that a solution may be found, we'll see.

I appreciate your concern and support.

I am personally very positive about 2014, we have 1.6 out, some projects starting up and a supportive community that helps us and reassures new users about our future - I cannot stress how important that is for a small business such as ourselves.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#56 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (flashman @ Dec 31 2013, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am personally very positive about 2014

That´s great. I´m gonna join that train!
biggrin.gif Happy new year biggrin.gif

#57 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oh, ooooooooooh, even the Overlords' Headquarters have watched part 1, and replied to it, I almost got a heart attack laugh.gif
I'll post part 2 within a couple of days.

QUOTE (flashman @ Dec 31 2013, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I appreciate your concern and support.

I am personally very positive about 2014, we have 1.6 out, some projects starting up and a supportive community that helps us and reassures new users about our future - I cannot stress how important that is for a small business such as ourselves.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

That's great to hear!
I hope that you took our spoofs/comedies the way they were meant: a concern that got us inspired to make something creative smile.gif That's the way we are, and it shows how important Moviestorm is for us - I know it is for me!
Knowing that Moviestorm is heading towards the education field, I still hope that your base/non-educational community that is still creating great movies and awesome mods, that is letting other interested people know about this software, is entering contests, and is helping out new and old users on the forums, will still remain close to your hearts.
I'm happy with the new features of 1.6, and intend to continue to use it as far as my time allows.
I personally would find it nice if you took donations for further developments...

Happy New Year!

#58 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Like all software Moviestorm does have it's limitations e.g. it would be great if it was easier to create our own customised animations and we don't have a proper particle system.
But the main issue which has always bugged me i.e. only having two adult skeletons is now being addressed by Ben and, having spent the last few months investigating another well-known software I have to emphasise that Moviestorm is still in a unique position.

It has so many good things about it e.g. the Camera system, the Movement system, ease of creating static, animated and hand-held props and the movie-making workflow is much more fun compared with ALL other software I have tried.

There are actually few limitations (once we get round the "no kids" situation - which is actually a biggie for the education market) - if you use MS with other tools. If you need to, you can contract people like Chris Ollis to create specific animations and green screening and clever camera work hides a multitude of sins.
The best thing any of us can do for it is make good movies that get noticed and push Moviestorm to its limits.

So, as long as MS don't tie us to YouTube accounts and people have a centralised place to find our movies, I too am hopeful that MS can thrive again.

Here's to a great 2014, especially for the MS staff past and present! wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#59 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jan 1 2014, 2:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like all software Moviestorm does have it's limitations e.g. it would be great if it was easier to create our own customised animations and we don't have a proper particle system.
But the main issue which has always bugged me i.e. only having two adult skeletons is now being addressed by Ben and, having spent the last few months investigating another well-known software I have to emphasise that Moviestorm is still in a unique position.

It has so many good things about it e.g. the Camera system, the Movement system, ease of creating static, animated and hand-held props and the movie-making workflow is much more fun compared with ALL other software I have tried.

There are actually few limitations (once we get round the "no kids" situation - which is actually a biggie for the education market) - if you use MS with other tools. If you need to, you can contract people like Chris Ollis to create specific animations and green screening and clever camera work hides a multitude of sins.
The best thing any of us can do for it is make good movies that get noticed and push Moviestorm to its limits.

So, as long as MS don't tie us to YouTube accounts and people have a centralised place to find our movies, I too am hopeful that MS can thrive again.

Here's to a great 2014, especially for the MS staff past and present! wink.gif

Yeah I investigated the other big name competitors with all kinds of faincy bells and whistles, BUT, despite the temptation, the competetors have a HUGE HUGE HUGE Learning curve and far more expensive than Moviestorm. Despite the lack of the bells and whistles the others have, Moviestorm has a charm about it that I just cant ignore, AND some really awesome people in the community that makes it all worth while. Not one person has ever talked down to me and try to make me feel like an idiot. Ive been encouraged by everyone I've encountered and that speaks volumes. May Moviestorm grow and prosper this 2014.

HAPPY NEW YEARS! One and All!

#60 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

I know, I know, you're all dying to see how it ends laugh.gif
So here's part 2:

Attached Files