• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Hi i just got a lifetime license for moviestorm and i now have the modders workshop. I want to make a sci fi type film where i can import airships from sketchup. how can i make them fly/move in the directors view?? is it that in the modders workshop that they are loaded as props?? same whenever i import a car from sketch up into moviestorm. it doesnt move at all. please help!! thanks

#2 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

Hi i just got a lifetime license for moviestorm and i now have the modders workshop. I want to make a sci fi type film where i can import airships from sketchup. how can i make them fly/move in the directors view?? is it that in the modders workshop that they are loaded as props?? same whenever i import a car from sketch up into moviestorm. it doesnt move at all. please help!! thanks

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

After you have imported the model, you will have to edit the prop in ModdersWorkshop and on the "Properties" Tab click the "Mobile" option.

Then to move it watch this tute :- http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=103431

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Ok thanks a lot!! I think I have tried this before and it wouldn't work when I clicked the save button but will try again. If any more problems I will message you. Thanks again for your help!

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

Make sure than when you press "Save" that you have your own Addon selected in the top drop down box. Sometimes it defaults to the Moddersworkshop addon and you can't save things into that. or publish it.

A way to check that your prop is in the right addon is to right click on the prop in the explorer you will see an option "Move add from..... to....."

#6 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Ok will try it when I get the chance. Thanks a lot. How do I make my own Addon? And I have one more question lol how do I edit props and guns in the workshop that are already in moviestorm. Ex I want to change the color of the shotgun prop to another color. Is there any way to do that?

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

When you import a Sketchup model it creates an addon for the prop automatically, you have to find that addon to edit your prop.
With MS models, (and I don't really recommend this) if I just want to make a one-off change for a particular movie I sometimes copy the existing texture for the prop, save it as a backup in the same folder with a name like Original_[texturename] then edit the original. You might want to do the same with the specular and normal files too.
That is the easiest way as it doesn't require the use of the Modders workshop but it means the prop will stay that new colour in every movie until you replace the texture with the one you backed up.
The correct way would be to make a variant by copying the existing MS folder structure in anew addon and publishing that. It is not hard once you have done it a few times, but you would need to read up a bit and watch some tutorials.

#8 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

ok thanks I will try and do that. I'm still new to this program. And also I tried to save the properties settings to mobile but every time I try to load the car in moviestorm it keeps saying failed to create prop! Java.lang.Nullpointerexception. This message pops up every time I save as mobile. And I made sure my own addon name was in the top drop box

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Did you save the car as a SketchUp 6 format before you imported it? And what is the file size? It could be that it is simply too complex, are you able to post a link to the SketchUp model?
I should also point out that even if you do choose mobile while the car will move the wheels won't.
You can create a version of a proper MS car which has all the bells and whistles but it is a tortuous process, I have done it several times and almost never without pain.
In order to make it a bit less painful I created a separate "Wheels" addon which can be used with a Sketchup mode that has had the original wheels removed.

#10 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

here is the url to the model i want to import. https://3dwarehouse....f93e22ef51cc71a

yes i did save it as a sketch up model and i also was able to get it into moviestorm. the poly counts are pretty high like around 16,305 and i know the poly count is suppose to be around 750-2500. is that why i get that message when i use mobile on models? and im fine with the wheels not moving because in sketchup i can change the rims so that it looks more realistic. i just really want to get models moving around because cars are a main part of my movie. 

#11 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

Here you are your Phantomobile: https://drive.google...UjFWRUxNNWVRQ2s

No animations, no lights, no nothing, but only a mobile prop. Not big deal. Enjoy.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#12 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

I have just uploaded a new revision of the addon, with a second instance of the Phantomobile with no wheels, to be used in combination with PrimaveraNZ' animated wheels and a navmesh. Big improvement on the original, IMHO.

So be sure you get the last version.

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#13 8BPTV

8BPTV

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

Ok I actually found out the problem. When it gets to type. I would put them on cars instead of prop. So I notice that when I left it on prop everything works out fine. Thanks for all you guys help!! I will definitely shout u guys out on the credits of my movie. Which I'm planning to be done by October. Im still not able to chance the color of moviestorm prop templates. It's says I can't publish them since they moviestorm props. 

#14 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Ah, yes. Well, 'car'-type props are a bit special as they require the model to meet some requirements, such as a number of specific bones and maybe a few animations defined. Maybe I'm wrong about the details but they're not your everyday prop.

The same goes for other special prop types, such as seats.

So again I'd suggest the approach suggested by Prima, using a wheel-less model and use it in combination with his animated wheel prop and an old and reliable navmesh.