#41 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 8 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do? blink.gif

I hope we do, I made some a while ago, just waiting for code so I can release them

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#42 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 8 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do? blink.gif

Well I do, hard to have those demi-humans without the optional parts.

(Some bunny ears might also be useful but I assume someone would tackle that while making a second mature pack...)
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#43 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

A military pack with different unimforms (U.S. - all services, German, Japanese, Italian, British, French, Chinese/Korean, etc)

Music pack (playable instruments like banjos, flutes, mandolins, high school/college marching band, etc)
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#44 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

My 2:

Animations pack
Hospital Pack

#45 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

I've been doing a lot of work around the house today, and I realized MS doesn't have a work pack. It could be simple things like sweeping, vacuuming, raking, mowing, etc. or more dedicated things like using a jackhammer, a drill, a hammer....

Oh. I didn't realize it when I started typing this, but some of those would be handy for horror animations.

#46 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

I've been doing a lot of work around the house today, and I realized MS doesn't have a work pack. It could be simple things like sweeping, vacuuming, raking, mowing, etc. or more dedicated things like using a jackhammer, a drill, a hammer....

Oh. I didn't realize it when I started typing this, but some of those would be handy for horror animations.

#47 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Oct 9 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that would be great. In Marshall's Agency I had a guy using a chain saw. The way I made it work was to use another animation for the man and then have the chain saw mobile and move along with the man. It came out pretty good too and looked like he was holding it. Actually he was using it to cut a pineapple for the scene of the chain saw cutting the pineapple, I didn't need to show the man at all but just the chain saw moving up and down and show the pineapple split. But definitely more hand held props and more animations are a must. This I know is more difficult for them to do because to make a prop attachable and usable for a puppet it has to attach to the right bones and that is very time consuming.

#48 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Oct 9 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES!!! I believe so.. just a typical day cleaning.. then you see it.. THE BODY!!! ack! wink.gif
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#49 stellarfruitcake

stellarfruitcake

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

Sports and fitness animations. Kicking a football would be especially nice. Swinging a racquet, lifting weights, bending and stretching, even throwing a dart...

I don't know why MS puppets are so slender. Their exercise routines seem to consist of a bit of running and jumping, and sitting cross-legged on the floor in an 'I'm too unfit to get into lotus' position smile.gif

#50 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (stellarfruitcake @ Oct 9 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sports and fitness animations. Kicking a football would be especially nice. Swinging a racquet, lifting weights, bending and stretching, even throwing a dart...

I don't know why MS puppets are so slender. Their exercise routines seem to consist of a bit of running and jumping, and sitting cross-legged on the floor in an 'I'm too unfit to get into lotus' position smile.gif

LOL!
Yeah I think they stay slender because all they can do is run, fight, dance and OTHER things... blink.gif and to be honest, maybe that's all anyone has to do to be fit wink.gif
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#51 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Seconding the hospital pack. Definitely needed.

Plus we should be able to drive the other cars now... especially the cop cars.
Music, movies and more:

#52 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

A high school pack. I know the pack with the cat ears has a lot of hats in it so I know a Tiara would probably depend on the code that is holding that pack up as well.

Prop wise perhaps:
A locker that can be opened or at least have an "open" "not open" variety for cut shots.

A chalkboard.
Student desk.
Teacher's desk.

And perhaps a wall texture or two for schools.

Then student and student-sports costumes that can be tinted for school colors.
And matching face paint for crazy people into the sports team whatever.

1000 MS?

A working sports team would have to be a separate pack with it's own animations and cost but the above would pair up nicely with your "goal" of the dark romance pack, hahahaha 8^)
Music, movies and more:

#53 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

Multi layer actors would be useful. I tried to get a skeleton inside a bathrobe once, with partial success. I know that in iClone they have puppets that have a second (even third and fourth) layer which can be mapped with diffuse, cut with opacity, etc. It makes fashion design something the end user can do to a much greater extent.

I really like the MS costumes, but making entire bodies underneath them and sorting out the z-buffering for transparent parts could go a long way.