• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LenseOnLife

LenseOnLife

Novice director

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

A short while ago I ended up tearing out what little hair I have left in an attempt to import models with textures from SketchUp into MovieStorm. After days of this punishment I eventually noticed that I had not clicked on a radio button! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those 'old hands' for their patience during 'that difficult period in my life' :-)

So, these couple of tutorials are designed to help Newbies / Novices - it describes in simple steps how to texturise a model so that it will import cleanly into MovieStorm and they are also a basic tutorials in SketchUp.

Tutorial 01 Cube with Textures and Colours
Tutorial 02 Jar of Strawberry Jam
Tutorial 03 http://youtu.be/4QoY18ponUU Mug of Coffee
Tutorial 04 http://youtu.be/Yglr4DeV20k Electric Kettle

Hope they help someone find their way on the journey from SketchUp to MovieStorm

Oliver
Oliver

#2 LenseOnLife

LenseOnLife

Novice director

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (LenseOnLife @ May 3 2014, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A short while ago I ended up tearing out what little hair I have left in an attempt to import models with textures from SketchUp into MovieStorm. After days of this punishment I eventually noticed that I had not clicked on a radio button! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those 'old hands' for their patience during 'that difficult period in my life' :-)

So, these couple of tutorials are designed to help Newbies / Novices - it describes in simple steps how to texturise a model so that it will import cleanly into MovieStorm and they are also a basic tutorials in SketchUp.

Tutorial 01 Cube with Textures and Colours
Tutorial 02 Jar of Strawberry Jam
Tutorial 03 http://youtu.be/4QoY18ponUU Mug of Coffee
Tutorial 04 http://youtu.be/Yglr4DeV20k Electric Kettle

Hope they help someone find their way on the journey from SketchUp to MovieStorm

Oliver

Hello Again, another Tutorial - I had difficulty making the colours on faces configurable within MovieStorm, so when I eventually worked out how to do it, I created this tutorial for other Newbies who might have the same difficulty.

Tutorial 05 http://youtu.be/M2S3cFQ_kA0 Export SketchUp models to MovieStorm preserving colours and making them configurable within MovieStorm.

OliverPreserving Colours
Oliver

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5291 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

Nicely done Oliver.
You probably know already but an AddOn can contain several props and animations etc, so you may find it more convenient to have a single AddOn e.g. "Kitchen" which contains all related props. There are arguments for and against this approach of course.
Also did you know that you can centre an item in the window quickly by double (left) clicking on it? You can then rotate the view around that object by holding down the right mouse button as you move the mouse.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (LenseOnLife @ May 3 2014, 9:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Again, another Tutorial - I had difficulty making the colours on faces configurable within MovieStorm, so when I eventually worked out how to do it, I created this tutorial for other Newbies who might have the same difficulty.

Tutorial 05 Export SketchUp models to MovieStorm preserving colours and making them configurable within MovieStorm.

OliverPreserving Colours

Very practical and useful, thanks!

#5 LenseOnLife

LenseOnLife

Novice director

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ May 4 2014, 1:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicely done Oliver.
You probably know already but an AddOn can contain several props and animations etc, so you may find it more convenient to have a single AddOn e.g. "Kitchen" which contains all related props. There are arguments for and against this approach of course.
Also did you know that you can centre an item in the window quickly by double (left) clicking on it? You can then rotate the view around that object by holding down the right mouse button as you move the mouse.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Knew about the AddOn and use that feature for a couple of add-on groups that I have made. Didn't know about the centering an item facility - handy trick.

Anyone know why I don't get an email notification when someone posts on a thread I started?

Oliver
Oliver

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5291 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (LenseOnLife @ Jun 26 2014, 8:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know why I don't get an email notification when someone posts on a thread I started?

Oliver

No, and I don't think this functionality has ever worked properly on these forums.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Forum email notification is broken for new accounts (for quite a few years now), as our account sharing/creation thing is not copying over email addresses into the forum accounts correctly (and has not been for some time). I'm able to set up peoples forum accounts with their email address so that it works if you let me know you specifically need this feature.

Edit: I've set up LensOnLife with their email address copied into their forum account - you should be able to get post notifications via the forums now - you would need to go to 'My Controls', then 'Email Settings' and change the options there, if necessary.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#8 LenseOnLife

LenseOnLife

Novice director

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jun 27 2014, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forum email notification is broken for new accounts (for quite a few years now), as our account sharing/creation thing is not copying over email addresses into the forum accounts correctly (and has not been for some time). I'm able to set up peoples forum accounts with their email address so that it works if you let me know you specifically need this feature.

Edit: I've set up LensOnLife with their email address copied into their forum account - you should be able to get post notifications via the forums now - you would need to go to 'My Controls', then 'Email Settings' and change the options there, if necessary.

Appreciate that - thanks

Oliver
Oliver