23 replies to this topic

#21 simonevans734

simonevans734

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (writerly @ Jul 25 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can just tick mobile and it can be dragged, or you can drop it on top of a nav mesh and drag it around that way, but it will be like the one in my demo movie without turning tires.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107299

C

Thanks

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 24 2011, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes just one of the standard SketchUp "Translucent" textures exported and saved as a DX5 .dds file to allow for transparency. The model was built in Milkshape.
I selected Double-Sided, Transparency and Scissor Transparency for the material in MW. Check the link to see the result.

Just wanted to let you know I just tried this with a building and it worked great. I didn't even have to save the texture as a dds file. I am having problems with the computer I use to convert images to DDS (my one with the Nvidia graphics card) since I took that computer off the network switch that I was using to switch from my new computer to my old one. I have an ATI graphics card on the new computer and I have to find the photoshop plugin for that one for saving images as DDS files. They have one for the Nvidia graphics card. Anyway worked without having to save it as a dds image file. Thanks again for solving this problem. You should start a thread about this as a lot of people have had problems with glass transparency.

#23 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Nvidia makes the plugin for saving dds in photoshop. Even if you have an ATI card. You can install the same plugin on the other computer, if it also has photoshop.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#24 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nvidia makes the plugin for saving dds in photoshop. Even if you have an ATI card. You can install the same plugin on the other computer, if it also has photoshop.

Oh thanks Ben, I didn't know that. I will do it. Solves a lot of problems for me.