• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmcclellan54321

jmcclellan54321

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

I am trying out the Moviestorm software and already have 3d models I've made using other programs. I want to import those assets into the moviestorm program and create a movie, how do I do this? Most of my models are renders from Daz3d and Blender. Thanks!

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

You can import Sketchup models into Moviestorm. They have to be saved as Sketchup 6. As far as Das 3D I don't believe you can import those into Moviestorm. Blender I am not sure about. If you can export a Blender prop as Cal 3D then it can be imported into Moviestorm. Chris Ollis wrote a very good tutorial on how to import animated props into Moviestorm. I will see if I can find the link to that and I will post it here for you.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

You can import Sketchup models into Moviestorm. They have to be saved as Sketchup 6. As far as Das 3D I don't believe you can import those into Moviestorm. Blender I am not sure about. If you can export a Blender prop as Cal 3D then it can be imported into Moviestorm. Chris Ollis wrote a very good tutorial on how to import animated props into Moviestorm. Here is the link to the tutorial Chris Ollis did about importing animated props from Milkshape into Moviestorm.

http://www.moviestor...into Moviestorm

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (jmcclellan54321 @ May 26 2013, 6:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying out the Moviestorm software and already have 3d models I've made using other programs. I want to import those assets into the moviestorm program and create a movie, how do I do this? Most of my models are renders from Daz3d and Blender. Thanks!

You are probably going to have to convert them to something like .OBJ files which you can then import into something free like Misfit3d, save as .CAL files and then bring into Moviestorm using the Modders Workshop. If they are high poly you will have problems. And you cannot bring in your own skinned actors as they all have to use one of 2 MS skeletons.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"