35 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

RE: the existing monsters etc

Sorry, the new heads have slightly altered (improved) topology and UVs, morphing is therefore not possible.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#22 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

Nice to see a glimpse of the morpable faces.

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 26 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RE: the existing monsters etc

Sorry, the new heads have slightly altered (improved) topology and UVs, morphing is therefore not possible.

That is really horrible news. So all the vampires and whatnot will still all look the same, regardless of this new feature.

Does MS have any plans to re-release all the previous heads as morphable in the future? Will you even consider it?

#23 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Jun 26 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does MS have any plans to re-release all the previous heads as morphable in the future? Will you even consider it?

The new morphs contain new versions of all the existing ethnicities as shown in the screen shots. We have no plans to add all the old heads as we feel the new morpher does a far better job than the time required to do that would achieve.

There is no reason why we can't expand the new morphs to have greater versions of the Vampires (and other monster style heads) in the future, but it is not on our to do list right now.

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#24 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 26 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new morphs contain new versions of all the existing ethnicities as shown in the screen shots. We have no plans to add all the old heads as we feel the new morpher does a far better job than the time required to do that would achieve.

There is no reason why we can't expand the new morphs to have greater versions of the Vampires (and other monster style heads) in the future, but it is not on our to do list right now.

A bit disapointing this sad.gif , especially with reference to the recent Dark Romance vampire heads, which must have been in development at the same time as the super morph heads, in that there was no forethought to include the skins, eyes and morphing teeth as an unlockable extra on the new heads if you own the Dark Romance pack.

I just hope its something you do in the future, maybe with a more generic horror pack.

#25 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 26 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...but it is not on our to do list right now.

Not even on the list. Bummer.

#26 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

It would be great if Monster Heads 2.0 appeared by Halloween, but I understand the need to prioritize.

Regarding the amazing new heads, one thing I didn't see: beards and moustaches. If they're available in a range of shapes, I'm going to be a very, very happy guy.

#27 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

I could see the monster heads being quite the task. It would be the morphs of the monster heads and the morphs of the regular heads, all having to interact and blend seamlessly.

But a vampire skin, teeth, and eyes for the morph heads, that would be less complicated.

I'm not really pushing for it right now. I'm way to excited about the new character workshop right now. But I would hope to see this come about someday.

#28 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Jun 26 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding the amazing new heads, one thing I didn't see: beards and moustaches.

Well if you look at this Dev Blog and the line in it that says:

Revision 24014 Committed by ben_sanders: - Beards added

It would seem the answer is yes.. smile.gif

#29 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (daleh @ Jun 27 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you look at this Dev Blog and the line in it that says:

Revision 24014 Committed by ben_sanders: - Beards added

It would seem the answer is yes.. smile.gif

All of the existing texture based facial hair have been applied to the new heads as well as some new variants.
Chris Ollis

#30 Jason3

Jason3

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

It looks very good. Will there be a "randomise" option (preferably within a normal domain, since it wouldn't be too useful if most people ended up with extreme features)? Although I'll no doubt tune my main characters by hand, it would be nice to be able to generate unique background characters without much effort.

#31 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Jason3 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks very good. Will there be a "randomise" option (preferably within a normal domain, since it wouldn't be too useful if most people ended up with extreme features)? Although I'll no doubt tune my main characters by hand, it would be nice to be able to generate unique background characters without much effort.

yep, random button is in smile.gif
Chris Ollis

#32 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

That's cool!

#33 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 27 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep, random button is in smile.gif

Excellent!

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#34 djera

djera

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

This is very exciting news ,new possibilities!!!
Great work.

#35 Alutt

Alutt

Director

• Pioneers
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

So many people were waiting for this tool for a long time, this is very exiting smile.gif. I'm also a little disapointed not be able to mix some old heads like these on the election pack, that I used with some physical disguises to bring some variety on my characters^^, but hey I'll survive with just the Face morpher smile.gif.

This is another subject but talking of special renown characters, at the occasion it will also nice to see some others celebrities (like famous actors or international figures) in a special pack, well just a suggestion, maybe it's not so easy beacause these public people have rights on their image, I guess.

Anyway, can't wait to use the new 1.4 version ! smile.gif

#36 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Alutt @ Jul 14 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is another subject but talking of special renown characters, at the occasion it will also nice to see some others celebrities (like famous actors or international figures) in a special pack, well just a suggestion, maybe it's not so easy beacause these public people have rights on their image, I guess.

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing with the morphs available to see if I can't come up with a character who looks like California's Governator, or Matt Smith, or Angelina Jolie.

(I find my self using the Joe Biden character a lot for generic old white guys, not because it doesn't look like Joe Biden, but because people tend to recognized Joe Biden less than they do John McCain or Dubbya.)

1.4 is going to rock! (Not to say that 1.3 doesn't rock. Just more rocking in 1.4.)
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)