• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

We’re very keen to ensure that Moviestorm Education meets the needs for as many different types of schools, colleges and courses as possible. In response to the growing number of inquiries about using it in different sectors, we’ve decided to start the Moviestorm Education Academy - a grand title for a very informal arrangement between ourselves and a select group teachers.

We want to get feedback from creative and innovative educators from a variety of backgrounds, giving us a wide sample of different age groups, different subjects, and different countries. We want to hear from people in public schools, private schools, film schools, universities, youth groups, and informal education. We’re trying to find out how you want to use Moviestorm, what you need from it, and, perhaps most importantly, how your students react to it and how it benefits them.

We are offering teachers that join a free Individual Moviestorm Education license, and a 10 seat Multi-seat license to use within the school (plus significant discounts on any additional licenses, if required). What we’d like from you is occasional activity and product feedback, and the sharing of use cases and lesson plans. Please contact education@moviestorm.co.uk with the subject header of ‘Education Academy’.
The Moviestorm Team

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Feb 2 2011, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We’re very keen to ensure that Moviestorm Education meets the needs for as many different types of schools, colleges and courses as possible. In response to the growing number of inquiries about using it in different sectors, we’ve decided to start the Moviestorm Education Academy - a grand title for a very informal arrangement between ourselves and a select group teachers.

We want to get feedback from creative and innovative educators from a variety of backgrounds, giving us a wide sample of different age groups, different subjects, and different countries. We want to hear from people in public schools, private schools, film schools, universities, youth groups, and informal education. We’re trying to find out how you want to use Moviestorm, what you need from it, and, perhaps most importantly, how your students react to it and how it benefits them.

We are offering teachers that join a free Individual Moviestorm Education license, and a 10 seat Multi-seat license to use within the school (plus significant discounts on any additional licenses, if required). What we’d like from you is occasional activity and product feedback, and the sharing of use cases and lesson plans. Please contact education@moviestorm.co.uk with the subject header of ‘Education Academy’.

I just sent an email to the principal of my daughter's school (it is a small school with only 60 children which is for children with special needs) and gave her this link. Her name is Stephanie Amaya. I also offered to come in and help teach the kids how to use the software and also make custom child characters that look like the kids for them. So I do hope you hear back from her because this is a great deal and I do know they have computers and internet at the school She and many of the teachers at the school watched my movie GONE because it was co written by my daughter, Danielle when she was only 13 and she starred in it and they were impressed with the movie. Making movies would be such a great learning tool for learning disabled children.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

I heard back from Stephanie Amaya and she is very enthusiastic about being able to use Moviestorm for the school but it takes 6 months to get approval from the district sometimes to install new software on the school computers. So I am hoping you extend this offer for a long time. It might not take that long and I intend to purchase the addons they will need too.