bengarrett1971
post Jan 2 2008, 5:36 PM
Post #1

Critically acclaimed
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 105

Dear all,

We've had some trouble with our web server this afternoon. To make matters worse, our web hosting company have also had trouble with the server that holds our data backups.

The result is that uploaded files (movie files, movie posters and avatar images) are currently unavailable. We are continuing to try to restore the majority of these files from backup...

Sorry for the inconvenience; I'll keep you posted with news.

Regards,
Ben

--------------------
Ben
Moviestorm Community Website Developer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bengarrett1971
post Jan 3 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #2

Critically acclaimed
Group Icon

A quick update...

We've been chasing our web hosting company all day today, but I'm afraid we still haven't got access to our backup data; and no ETA for when we will, either. :cry:

Again, I'll keep you posted of any developments.

--------------------
Ben

+Quote Post
bengarrett1971
post Jan 7 2008, 4:00 PM
Post #3

Critically acclaimed
Group Icon

Another quick update.

We had more server woes over the weekend, with our web server going AWOL, failing to respond to any sort of network connection (even ping). We raised a ticket with our web hosting company on Saturday, but have not heard back from them, which is making us a bit annoyed.

Anyway, the website and forums are now running on a reserve web server.

We still haven't got any response from our web hosting about access to our backup storage server, which we need to restore movie files that were lost during the server disruption last week.

We are really sorry for all this disruption. I'll be trying to keep things up and running as much as possible during what is likely to be even more upheaval, since we are likely to be moving the site to a new (more reliable) web host soon.

More updates will follow as soon as I have them!

--------------------
Ben

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Jan 8 2008, 1:09 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

I was able to download one movie, but I tried about 5 others and they would not work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
davidwww
post Jan 8 2008, 2:36 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

(lucindamc123)
I was able to download one movie, but I tried about 5 others and they would not work.

Same here lucindamc123, I keep getting an error page, I'm sure its some thing to do with the problems with the server. (hopefully)

Regards
David

This is what keeps coming up no matter what movie I try to download:
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/tomcat/tomcat/webapps/filestorage/13734db1f99fa6662e04fcdd5392e9159b2ade10 (No such file or directory)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.transmitFile(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:176)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.doPost(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:103)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.doGet(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:35)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause

uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.exceptions.DatabaseException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/tomcat/tomcat/webapps/filestorage/13734db1f99fa6662e04fcdd5392e9159b2ade10 (No such file or directory)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.services.filestorage.hibernate.FileStorageServiceHibernate.getFileAsInputStream(FileStorageServiceHibernate.java:379)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.transmitFile(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:155)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.doPost(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:103)
uk.co.moviestorm.msdb.servlets.DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.doGet(DownloadMovieFileSubmitServlet.java:35)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

--------------------

Moviestorm still Number One

+Quote Post
bengarrett1971
post Jan 8 2008, 9:33 AM
Post #6

Critically acclaimed
Group Icon

Lucinda, David,

Thanks for letting me know - you are right, this problem is down to the server trouble we've been having. We still have not yet got access to out backup storage server. I've been able to restore some movie files (but only those uploaded prior to Dec 7th), and I need the backup storage server to get at (hopefully) all the rest.

We are pestering our web hosting company relentlessly to get this data back. I'll post any developments in this topic.

Ben

--------------------
Ben

+Quote Post
bengarrett1971
post Jan 10 2008, 1:58 PM
Post #7

Critically acclaimed
Group Icon

Dear All,

The website is getting closer to normality at last. We're still running on the reserve server, but we managed to get some of the lost movie files from backup, and various good people from the community are helping us fill in the blanks by re-uploading some.

Thanks for your patience during all the disruption over the last few days...

Ben

--------------------
Ben

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: