• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 headrushindi

headrushindi

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Here are a few more thoughts on things I would love to see in the future, and also One question.

I am publishing my firtst  short  hopefully  friday night this week before Halloween..I really like Moviestorm and thank Ben for answering all my questions while I took a  crash course over the last few weeks.

However I am hoping that someday you will add a few features which will make life easier for folks used to doing a lot of editing...

A)  MORE EXPORT OPTIONS: ..I have nothing against the huffyuv codec, but it appears to be the only real  choice you have to export in an uncompressed format.The huffy codec is not  mainstream anymore and many video editing sofware does not recognize it anymore..are you looking to someday update these choices??

I hope you will...I like to export the unfinished scene in an uncompressed format so I can edit it in aftereffects ..but aftereffects does not recognize huffyuv...so i have to first convert it in yet another program to uncompressed avi...the steps are a real pain.

B)  MORE ANIMATION OPTIONS

on characters..I noticed that when a character lies down , or is on the floor ...that none of the other animations seem to work...For instance....If I want to make a character lie face down on the ground and look up into the oncoming villains face I cannot easily do this.

Nor can I make subtle hand or arm movements..for instance should I want to simply make a character reach out with an arm to brush something off a table theres no  independent  movement possible for that  .I would love to see a body puppeting  option similar to Iclone or crazy talk which lets you keyframe body motion one move at a time  that would be awesome......I will definately continue supporting moviestorm as long as you continue advancing it ..adding new packs and such ....Its a very unique program  thanks  

#2 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

"for instance should I want to simply make a character reach out with an arm to brush something off a table theres no  independent  movement"

-I had to do a scene where a character knocked a fork off a table onto the floor. Careful use of various gestures and some clever cutting made it work. You sometimes only need a second of a gesture for it to sell the action and the rest is clever cutting and reactions of puppets.

C