• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cre8ivmind

cre8ivmind

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:55 AM

I haven't yet made any Moviestorm movies. But, I was thinking it would be totally awesome if Moviestorm came up with a new upgrade that allows the import of Daz Studio objects. Does anyone think this would be plausible?

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi cre8ivmind, I hope this doesn't post twice, nothing I have sent in the last day has appeared in the forums! Anyway I don't know the answer except to say people have used Daz in conjunction with MS videos I think but only by using Chroma Keying. Try searching the forums for "Daz " there should be a few useful titdbits.
Cheers.
<edit> Gosh this one worked! Rereading your post I think that it is probably possible to create a converter along the lines of the nbconv one but I don't know if there would be enough demand for MS to actually include it in the modshop. </edit>

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (cre8ivmind @ Aug 10 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't yet made any Moviestorm movies. But, I was thinking it would be totally awesome if Moviestorm came up with a new upgrade that allows the import of Daz Studio objects. Does anyone think this would be plausible?

Yer, wouldn't it be cool to mix high poly daz studio (poser) objects in moviestorm (A Low poly environ.)
Once there is a quantum leap in moviestorms technology , graphics and computers then.... :-)

Moviestorm makers are trying to keep it real(time) so most high poly assets in daz aren't going to make it without some major editing.

Though for now I'm sure a lot of the daz studio stuff (that can be exported) can be edited down (using tools such as 3dsmax) into low poly objects to be used in-game (to moviestorm) and high poly daz/poser objects can be used greenscreen with programs like 3dsmax/vue/daz/blender etc. :-)

I like the idea of using as many of the best tools as possible and moviestorm is just one of those.

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (tree @ Aug 10 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.. and moviestorm is just one of those.

Heretic! wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users