actions get into see inside car film inside car

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Newbie here. I want to have a couple of scenes of people qeueing for a taxi or car and get them to get inside the car, have driver open window, talk to driver through open window etc and film inside the car. Is that possible and if so how?

also looking or a bus simply to be at a bus stop

thanks

#2 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

Hello there Coolwebranger, I think cars can be quite difficult, you can't open the doors (as far as I know). Cars come with some people already sat in them but if you want your own characters in them you can remove the others. You can then arrange for your characters to sit in a chair and put the car around them but then you can't move the car so you would have to green screen it and then add it in later. I'm not sure if ive got all that right so would welcome anyone elses comments.

Barry

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5403 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:16 AM

You can then arrange for your characters to sit in a chair and put the car around them but then you can't move the car so you would have to green screen it and then add it in later.

You can put a navmesh down first and then place the chairs on that. That will allow you to move them with the car.

I did convert someone's sketchup limo to let the window come down and doors open. Not sure where it is but I'll have a look.

Here are a couple of demos of it. :-

http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=109524

http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=109532

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

Thank you both for the help. I will have a go at that and see how I go. many thanks.