8 replies to this topic

#1 clobert

clobert

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to place a character on a boat to appear as though they're sailing. Could you put a Green screen over the floor to appear as water moving. Sorry for the ignorance maybe this isn't possible. I want to create a new music video and would like sailing in it.
Thanks,
Chuck

#2 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (clobert @ Jun 12 2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to place a character on a boat to appear as though they're sailing. Could you put a Green screen over the floor to appear as water moving. Sorry for the ignorance maybe this isn't possible. I want to create a new music video and would like sailing in it.
Thanks,
Chuck

Put the boat and the puppet on a nav mesh (a flat thing that is invisible to the camera but can be moved). Then use one of the primitives (PapaG's?) as the water. You could green screen, but it would probably look weird.
C

#3 clobert

clobert

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (writerly @ Jun 12 2012, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put the boat and the puppet on a nav mesh (a flat thing that is invisible to the camera but can be moved). Then use one of the primitives (PapaG's?) as the water. You could green screen, but it would probably look weird.
C

Thanks for the idea. I will look into it. Now I just need to find a good sailboat.
Thanks

#4 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (clobert @ Jun 12 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the idea. I will look into it. Now I just need to find a good sailboat.
Thanks

Check out the Google Warehouse TONS of great models of various qualities. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good one!
C

#5 WillandPat

WillandPat

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (writerly @ Jun 13 2012, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out the Google Warehouse TONS of great models of various qualities. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good one!
C

Hi, when you say check out google warehouse does that mean we are able to put those into moviestorm as props? If so, how would that be done? Thanks! Pat

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (WillandPat @ Jun 30 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, when you say check out google warehouse does that mean we are able to put those into moviestorm as props? If so, how would that be done? Thanks! Pat

This tutorial shows how:-

http://www.moviestor...odding/modding1

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 30 2012, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Putting a simple prop in is really quite simple and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Just follow the directions slavishly and all will be well!
C

#8 WillandPat

WillandPat

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (writerly @ Jun 30 2012, 1:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Putting a simple prop in is really quite simple and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Just follow the directions slavishly and all will be well!
C

thank you very much!!

#9 sudheeeer

sudheeeer

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:15 AM

how to add commands to the new props from sketchup? like... sit here, hold this, lie down