• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

I found out today via Facebook that former Moviestorm modder and director Lucinda McNary passed on June 4, 2017.

Even though Lucinda stopped using Moviestorm, her mods are still available to download.

I found out about this at  https://www.facebook.../lucinda.mcnary

Edited by EugeneE, 07 June 2017 - 01:25 AM.

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Unfortunately I can't see that Facebook page, wonder if someone has taken it down?

She's been a real character within the machinima community and a very loyal supporter of Moviestorm.

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

Sad news.

Apparently she was more or less active until two weeks ago at least (https://www.stage32....le/250786/about), though I guess she was mostly retired (or, too much busy?), for some months ago I tried to contact her on behalf of another community fellow and never got an answer.

Sit tibi terra levis

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

RIP Lucinda  :mellow:

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#5 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Her approach was whimsical, deliberate and she defended her creative efforts emphatically. Lucinda had a big heart and was very generous to her community. My thoughts are with her family.

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#6 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

RIP Lucinda. We will miss you in the Neighborhood.

#7 thetruedjz

thetruedjz

Novice director

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

This is such very sad news. Lucinda was the kindest and most generous person I ever knew. Since we were introduced on a friend's internet program, we had collaborated on several projects based on my old blog pieces and original scripts of mine. I was amazed how quickly she could produce an animation and of such high quality too. Later, when she was under pressure to work on her own projects, she encouraged me to make my own animations, and for that, I owe her a lot. Her legacy will be all those fantastic animations and the amazing addons (free of charge to Moviestorm users) she created. Goodbye, Lucinda, we will miss you!

#8 Rolanda4

Rolanda4

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

RIP Lucinda..  :(

#9 rollasoc

rollasoc

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

So sorry to hear that.  RIP Lucinda!

For my music
http://www.hairthieves.com

For my photography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rollasoc
(my main site is down for maintenance)

For videos
http://www.youtube.c...tXQGheaHEqLz-Q/

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

Yes she was a dedicated and prolific Stormer and the forums are less for her passing.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#11 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Very sad news. Lucinda was a one-of-a-kind Director. My condolences to her friends and family.

#12 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 559 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

RIP

#13 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

sad to hear, well working on Star Wreck has not happened for several year Because Lucimda's Vocals were so awesome in Episode 4 there had bin talk of getting her to do more in the future, but now there is no hope for that!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#14 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

RIP Lucinda. Her talents will be missed.

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#15 jaybird1943

jaybird1943

Film Critic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

Sad to hear of Lucinda McNary's passing. 

She was amazingly generous with her numerous "shares".

We will miss you.

#16 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

This comes as a complete shock. She really was a good person who thought of the good of the community and took pride in her own work. I'm glad I got to work with her on a couple of her projects doing some voice overs a long time back. I missed so much being out of the loop - Lucinda's passing was one event I never expected. RIP Lucinda

#17 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the condolences for Lucinda, I was shocked when I found out via FB that she passed on.

Lucinda at one time, was a very active member of Moviestorm but hasn't been in several years, she was also not very active on FB either.

#18 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

She was very active on this site at one time, responding on the forum, posting movies and sharing mods. There's no doubt she rubbed some people up the wrong way, but she was a unswerving supporter of this program and did all she could to promote the software and its possibilities.

I find it hard to believe that she has gone. She leaves a lot of memories behind. Her determination to carry on producing work, willingness to stick up for her point of view, and sheer productivity are to be admired. She persisted after eye surgery, and in the face of occasional personality clashes that would have had me running for cover.

Her determination to use her real identity, and defend her right to exist as a female creator showed steel, and her generosity has been mentioned many times in this thread.

She leaves me with the impression of an unforgettable character, at times prickly and reactive, sometimes bewildering in her view of the world, but without a doubt, a core component of this community. Without her energy and commitment we are less.

RIP Lucinda

#19 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

She was very active on this site at one time, responding on the forum, posting movies and sharing mods. There's no doubt she rubbed some people up the wrong way, but she was a unswerving supporter of this program and did all she could to promote the software and its possibilities.

I find it hard to believe that she has gone. She leaves a lot of memories behind. Her determination to carry on producing work, willingness to stick up for her point of view, and sheer productivity are to be admired. She persisted after eye surgery, and in the face of occasional personality clashes that would have had me running for cover.

Her determination to use her real identity, and defend her right to exist as a female creator showed steel, and her generosity has been mentioned many times in this thread.

She leaves me with the impression of an unforgettable character, at times prickly and reactive, sometimes bewildering in her view of the world, but without a doubt, a core component of this community. Without her energy and commitment we are less.

RIP Lucinda

Very true. Even Lucinda could get annoying at some times, she had a lot of dedication. She helped a lot of people here on the forums, she made many mods. She even had 2 movies released commerically, The Man From Schenectady and Wonder Boy and she was working on one named Vautrin, don't know if that was ever released even though there is an IMDB entry for it.

I may have had a few a few disagreements with Lucinda but I hold a lot of respect to her for her dedication. 

#20 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:37 AM

RIP Lucinda

Well said, Kate! That sums up my experience so well. And she is missed.

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153