2 replies to this topic

#1 DylanFree

DylanFree

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

:huh: Hey everyone!

Ok. I am curious here. I know that we can import entire sets into Moviestorm because there is a specific function for that. But has anyone here ever tried to import an entire character?

Get back to me on this,

Thanks!

Dylan  :huh: 

#2 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1134 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi Dylan,

The only modder who has managed this I think is 3DTree. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.moviestor...=15621&p=107400

Note the comments about not being able to use existing animations, etc - it would ALL have to come in from scratch...

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

Short answer: it can be done though it would be a rather involved task.

How much involved, it would depend on what are you intending to do with the models to be imported:
- if the models are to perform only a short set of well defined animations (eg like the Prop Roman People by Chris Ollie) they can be imported as props and it wouldn't be too hard to get it done. This was also the approach chosen by Lucinda McNair to implement her children props.

- if they're to be used as real Moviestorm puppets with their full capabilities, things would be a tad bit more complcated: most probably the mesh would need to be modified to fit the idle pose and be fully rigged again to use one of the Moviestorm standard skeletons.

I could elaborate further, should you be interested in the subject.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM