• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

Only if you can find an old version of Blender.
You need to export the animation in Cal3d format i.e. a .CAF for an animation and although there used to be a Cal3d exporter for Blender it no longer works with the latest versions.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#22 artpen

artpen

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Movies, animation, Art

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for the info! all the best

artpen

#23 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Thanks primaveranz, glad to be on aboard, yeah, making animations and props sounds like a task, can you use Blender to make the animations?

art

Yep, though IIRC the plugin for exporting to Cal3D only works with Blender 2.49, so AFAIK no chance to get the work done with a more recent version. You may download the executable of the 2.49b version for various OSes from: http://download.blen...e/Blender2.49b/

As an alternative, just to mention the tools I'm familiar with, there is MilkShape 3D or FragMotion (my recommendation and my current workhorse for modding). Or, if you've got a really big wallet, get a genuine copy of 3DS Max, though, honest, it's kinda overkill.

BTW, modding is not that hard. Well... there are many things quite easy to get done and some other that are a bit more involved.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#24 Knorse210181

Knorse210181

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

I say it's a fair question I haven't seen or heard anyone from movie storm staff for ages either. Me it's hard to actively produce stuff for a program that has advanced very little in the last few years

I mean come on they haven't even updated the features movie page in like three years all movies being featured on the site are over three years old

Hello PapaG, 
I notice there is not new movies uploaded on the site, but it's not because don't wor with the program. I use the program a lot, but I'm french, so I don't upload movies on these sites cause no one will watch it. But I did contact a guy... Matt I guess and he told me that he was really busy... Hope that every one will stay putt. I like MS and I'll continue using it.

Knorse210181

#25 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

Hoping that MS continues for years to come. I've had a fun time with the program, have done a lot with it, and a lot of folks have been interested in the program, especially if they are primarily filmmakers and not animators. Ive used other programs, but like how quickly I can create projects in MS. 

Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website

#26 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

Even though I haven't been really active with Moviestorm about the past 2 years, I have recommended and do recommend it to people who want to make their own movies.

Lucinda disppeared several years ago, heck, i have her as a friend on FB but she hasn't even posted on FB in almost 2 years. I don't know if she gave up on making movies.

Some people have left Moviestorm, some have even left for Iclone. I came across someone on a FB group devoted to Iclone who used to make videos on Moviestorm but is now making videos on Iclone, goes by the name Rampa Tinling, There is a member here on Moviestorm called rampa and they might be the same person.

#27 TheBroomOfDoom

TheBroomOfDoom

Director

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

I really do hope Moviestorm continues! I am a new user. (well I bought it 1 year ago but really never used it much) I use a Mac so I really can't do any modding except for props with Sketchup. Luckily I bought Windows 8.1 (arriving Monday!) and I am planning to use Bootcamp and run that on my mac. I will then use Milkshape 3D, Moviestorm, and some other modding programmes! I believe the last MS update was in 2014. Am I right? It was 1.6.4 beta. Sadly that was it. Ben was last active a week ago but that doesn't say much. I try to be VERY active on the forums, helping others, posting free mods & add-ons, replying to old & new posts, giving my opinions because well, frankly nobody else does. :( 

Lucinda McNary passed away very sadly. She hadn't been active for a while but when she was active she was VERY active. She was a legend.

Now there are some new legends who are active on the forums such as BrianGray (Amazing Person, made an amazing free addon vault!), jamoram62 (very active), Ralvaz1, primaveranz

There were some amazing people who used to be active such as squirrelygirl

Hopefully, Moviesotrm gets more popular. Also, EVERYONE hopes they make another update.

Free Addons: https://www.mediafir...7w6p/Moviesotrm

Is 11 too young for Moviestorm? Yes, it's against the rules. Shhhhh!!!!

Addon Vault: https://www.mediafir...506d0b547668a28

#28 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

I really do hope Moviestorm continues! I am a new user. (well I bought it 1 year ago but really never used it much) I use a Mac so I really can't do any modding except for props with Sketchup. Luckily I bought Windows 8.1 (arriving Monday!) and I am planning to use Bootcamp and run that on my mac. I will then use Milkshape 3D, Moviestorm, and some other modding programmes!

I'd suggest yout to get and try FragMotion instead: it's a far more complete and capable modding tool than Milkshape 3D, still at a very reasonable price. If so, be sure to get and install a copy Misfit -this time for free-, for you'll need it to convert your models to the Cal3D format files Moviestorm understands.

I believe the last MS update was in 2014. Am I right? It was 1.6.4 beta.

I don't know about Mac's but the last release for Windows was the 1.7.1 and dates back to September 2015. Anyway, long time no updates.  BTW, you may know by now that, in its current state, Moviestorm does not work on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer.

Sadly that was it. Ben was last active a week ago but that doesn't say much. I try to be VERY active on the forums, helping others, posting free mods & add-ons, replying to old & new posts, giving my opinions because well, frankly nobody else does. :(

Hopefully, Moviesotrm gets more popular. Also, EVERYONE hopes they make another update.

Again, what will be the future of Moviestorm is, to a large extent, up to us, its user community. It might very well be abandoned but it won't become effectively a thing of the past until the last of its users finally gives up. Look at The Movies, or Muvizu. Who knows the future for sure?

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#29 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

Don't get me wrong, Moviestorm can still be used for making movies but updates may be slow considering that Moviestorm is working on a project for another company. TBH, when updates slow down, people can and do get scared because they think that the software may not be developed anymore. I know that fear considering that animation softwares have come and gone like Antics 3d, XtraNormal. A few months ago Muvizu sales were suspended and people were scared that it wouldn't be sold anymore but it was put back up for sale.

#30 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

AFAIK Muvizu is still not available . The purchasers relaunched the website but have failed to get the licencing system working again or the marketplace.

#31 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

AFAIK Muvizu is still not available . The purchasers relaunched the website but have failed to get the licencing system working again or the marketplace.

I was just on their website at they allow you to add the software to your basket and then it shows the cost as $29.99 so it looms like they add it back for sale unless they never updated the site.

#32 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

I was just on their website at they allow you to add the software to your basket and then it shows the cost as $29.99 so it looms like they add it back for sale unless they never updated the site.

Yes I have heard people can get that far but when they press the Buy button it crashes.

#33 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Yes I have heard people can get that far but when they press the Buy button it crashes.

After all, it looks like Muvizu could still be in jeopardy even more than MS.

When I learned Muvizu site had gone active again I was kind of excited about it, but after checking the really useful functionalities (authorizing keys, purchasing, store, etc) are not there yet, I've gone a bit worried. Heck, even the dates of the posts in the forums appear written in those funny Chinese logograms!

#34 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

According to Muzivus' FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Muvizu3D, the assets to digimania were aquired by a company called   Meshmellow and they are working on getitng the licensing working again.

#35 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

They have been trying for several months, so if they havent managed by now they are either incompetent or uninterested. The website has been hacked at least once and there has been one apparent attempt to scam users into paying again for software they have already paid for. Currently I wouldn't touch Muvizu with a barge pole.