Photo

Any way to change ones name on Moviestorm?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

I would like to change my name here to my full name Lucinda McNary. Is there any way to do that? Just heard from Ben and this is not possible. It would mess up my program and I already reinstalled this program twice in just 24 hours so I don't want to go through that again.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 14 2013, 5:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to change my name here to my full name Lucinda McNary. Is there any way to do that?

There is already a lucindamcnary and she sounds just like you :- http://www.moviestor...sult_type=posts

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

There should be some kind of arbitration to decide which Lucinda gets to keep the name.

"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ May 13 2013, 1:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There should be some kind of arbitration to decide which Lucinda gets to keep the name.

Well I changed it for my channel but I don't know how to change it overall. I would just like to have my full name on here instead of lucindamc123 as I am better known by my full name.

#5 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ May 13 2013, 1:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is already a lucindamcnary and she sounds just like you :- http://www.moviestor...sult_type=posts

Strange, that is an old message and it was posted by myself too. Don't know why that post has my full name on it.

#6 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 13 2013, 1:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strange, that is an old message and it was posted by myself too. Don't know why that post has my full name on it.

Sounds to me like you had multiple accounts going at the same time. I wonder if that is against the rules of Moviestorm? angry.gif
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Harb40 @ May 13 2013, 1:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sounds to me like you had multiple accounts going at the same time. I wonder if that is against the rules of Moviestorm? angry.gif

No I don't think that account is still active. It was probably the first one I created and then I changed it to lucindamc123 but I don't know how I changed it then.

Actually from reading the message, I must have had problems with the lucindamc123 account not working on the forums although it worked on the software fine so I may have created another account but I don't use that account. I didn't even know it was on here.

I logged out and logged in again as lucindamcnary but it did not work so it is not a registered account anymore.

#8 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Harb40 @ May 13 2013, 7:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I guess we have to ban Lucinda forever... laugh.gif

There is a Lucinda McNary who joined 4/11/09, but no activity. It seems Lucinda registered twice somehow. But I don't know if it's possible to join the two accounts. Only the staff can answer that.

Arthur smile.gif

#9 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 1220 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

It must be possible to have a forum account without an MS account. It could be that she just wanted two installs originally. It's not unheard of. Nor is there any problem with having multiple registrations. She did say she could not login. Although it could be a forgotten password issue.

#10 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 848 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

I want to be Lucinda: The Tribute Band.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (writerly @ May 13 2013, 8:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I want to be Lucinda: The Tribute Band.

Very funny Writerly. Thanks.

#12 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 663 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Just one question, why ask here? Why not just PM Ben or one of the other staff with this question?

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

The staff is more likely to see this if it is in the forums than a private message. But I also sent Ben a private message about this. I think there is no way to change your name on here unless you start a new account anyway. I did change my name on my channel to my full name. And also, other users might be interested in doing this, having their full name as their forum ID.

#14 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 1193 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 14 2013, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The staff is more likely to see this if it is in the forums than a private message.

Sounds like an unlikely assumption.

#15 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 663 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 14 2013, 5:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The staff is more likely to see this if it is in the forums than a private message.

By that reasoning, if I want a certain person to take part in my film, instead of PM'ing them I should just post a thread here asking them personally. For some reason, that sounds backwards. blink.gif

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

well i did get an answer finally and there is no way to change ones name on the Moviestorm Forums unless you create a whole new account which I do not want to do.

#17 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 1220 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

They could probably look up the password for your other account. More trouble than it's worth, probably. It's pretty difficult for anyone not to know you on these forums anyway. dry.gif

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
    • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (rampa @ May 14 2013, 4:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They could probably look up the password for your other account. More trouble than it's worth, probably. It's pretty difficult for anyone not to know you on these forums anyway. dry.gif

Well that other account was created years ago when we moved here to Kansas City from St. Louis and got new internet service. I had some problems with my usual account with Moviestorm for some reason so I had to open another account, but finally one of the staff fixed it for me and I was able to go back to the lucindamc123 account. So that other account that is lucindamcnary is no longer usable and I have no idea what the password for it was either. But I did try logging in with that user name and used the same password I use for this account and it said the account was not available. I probably did use the same password for both accounts. So the old one does not work anymore.