19 replies to this topic

#1 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

There are no clips available to me in the Cutting Room View Clip Bin
I do everything right, I think, I have the camera cut.
I am in view camerawork. Then I'm Cutting rooom view. Then I follow Script editor. Give the + button. I put the name of the new scene. And I can do no more, hang me and leaves me continue with another clip, the set will be empty, is not the same as before.
I would appreciate help.
Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#2 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 15 2014, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are no clips available to me in the Cutting Room View Clip Bin
I do everything right, I think, I have the camera cut.
I am in view camerawork. Then I'm Cutting rooom view. Then I follow Script editor. Give the + button. I put the name of the new scene. And I can do no more, hang me and leaves me continue with another clip, the set will be empty, is not the same as before.
I would appreciate help.

Hello

The Cutting Room will not have any clips available until you have visited the Directors View, which will add a simple single second of footage to the Movie Footage clipbin.
If you are looking to create a second scene within the Script Editor, then the software should not hang, though you should be asked to choose a set for your second scene as part of the scene creation process. If you choose the Empty Set, that set will be empty. New scenes use new sets. If you want to record a second scene within the same set, I suggest you save your set as a Stock Set and then start a new movie - if the scenes are complex, that is much better for memory management as well.

To save a Stock Set and start a new scene using it, click on the 'Box' button in the Set Workshop, and then select the 'Export the set to stock' button (top, Box with the arrow pointing down). Name the set as you prefer.
Start a new movie, then when selecting a set during set-up, click on the My Sets tab and select your set. You can then start creating the action as per normal.

If you have multiple movies that make up the scenes of one film anbd you want to edit them together, you can import your rendered video scenes into the Cutting Room and edit them together before re-rendering.

If you are indeed getting any sort of crash creating a second scene, can you repeat it?, and can you please describe in detail the steps required to make it crash?

Many thanks
Andrew
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#3 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

If you are looking to create a second scene within the Script Editor, then the software should not hang, though you should be asked to choose a set for your second scene as part of the scene creation process. If you choose the Empty Set, that set will be empty.

Hi andrew

Exactly, and that's what happens to me, then not let me choose the set that I have kept, forcing me to take the empty set, no choice but respond. That's where I stuck the program.

Thanks for your quick response.
A greeting.

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#4 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 17 2014, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are looking to create a second scene within the Script Editor, then the software should not hang, though you should be asked to choose a set for your second scene as part of the scene creation process. If you choose the Empty Set, that set will be empty.

Hi andrew

Exactly, and that's what happens to me, then not let me choose the set that I have kept, forcing me to take the empty set, no choice but respond. That's where I stuck the program.

Thanks for your quick response.
A greeting.

Just to confirm, have you saved the current set as a Stock Set? Is it available in My Sets when you start a new movie?
When you say 'stuck in the program', does that refer to the 'hang' you mentioned? Is that a complete software crash? What happens exactly?
Also, what sort of computer are you using?

Thanks
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#5 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (flashman @ Jul 17 2014, 8:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to confirm, have you saved the current set as a Stock Set? Is it available in My Sets when you start a new movie?
When you say 'stuck in the program', does that refer to the 'hang' you mentioned? Is that a complete software crash? What happens exactly?
Also, what sort of computer are you using?

Thanks

Hi Andrew. It is difficult to explain using the google translator smile.gif
If the set is saved, but not let me access any set, nor that I keep, nor having Moviestorm, forcing me to choose the empty set. No active hover option but for them, is when it is locked only allowing me to click on the empty set.
All the software is going well, except when adding clips to have all the scenes in the Cutting Room View.
The equipment I use is a PC Windows 7
Thank you Andrew
A greeting.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 18 2014, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No active hover option but for them,

Have you actually tried double-clicking on one of the other sets?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 17 2014, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Andrew. It is difficult to explain using the google translator smile.gif
If the set is saved, but not let me access any set, nor that I keep, nor having Moviestorm, forcing me to choose the empty set. No active hover option but for them, is when it is locked only allowing me to click on the empty set.
All the software is going well, except when adding clips to have all the scenes in the Cutting Room View.
The equipment I use is a PC Windows 7
Thank you Andrew
A greeting.

Hello
I will escalate this problem to see if someone else can work out what your problem is.
Best,
Andrew
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#8 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 18 2014, 2:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you actually tried double-clicking on one of the other sets?

Yes primaveranz, I did it The problem is that the program is locked

#9 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (flashman @ Jul 18 2014, 9:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
I will escalate this problem to see if someone else can work out what your problem is.
Best,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew rolleyes.gif

#10 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 18 2014, 9:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Andrew rolleyes.gif

Hello

We assume you have updated your gfx cards - if not, I am told that 'might' be responsible, but we are having trouble understanding what the problem is exactly.
Can you possibly supply us with a screen shot of the problem you are encountering? Any further info would also be very welcome.

Many thanks,
Andrew
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#11 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

If you are using a PC try running the DXDIAG utility (from the command line) and attach the output to your next post. Also, when you start up Moviestorm what version does it say in the bottom right hand corner?

#12 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 19 2014, 1:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are using a PC try running the DXDIAG utility (from the command line) and attach the output to your next post. Also, when you start up Moviestorm what version does it say in the bottom right hand corner?

Where is the command line? smile.gif

#13 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 19 2014, 1:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Version 1.6.3

#14 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

If you have win 8 then just go to the Tiles (default first screen) and start typing DXDIAG. if you have an earlier version of windows check out this page:- http://pcsupport.abo...mand-prompt.htm to run the command line first.

#15 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (flashman @ Jul 18 2014, 1:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello

We assume you have updated your gfx cards - if not, I am told that 'might' be responsible, but we are having trouble understanding what the problem is exactly.
Can you possibly supply us with a screen shot of the problem you are encountering? Any further info would also be very welcome.

Many thanks,
Andrew

I'll try to upload the video to youtube, I think it's better to see it in action a screenshot. Now save it but not as locked as it is above, but I still have the new set, I get the empty set.
I thought the video and other information you sent it by private best
Thanks Andrew

#16 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 20 2014, 7:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have win 8 then just go to the Tiles (default first screen) and start typing DXDIAG. if you have an earlier version of windows check out this page:- http://pcsupport.abo...mand-prompt.htm to run the command line first.

Ya lo hice, gracias de nuevo primaveranz

#17 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (flashman @ Jul 18 2014, 1:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello

Many thanks,
Andrew

This is the video, capture

#18 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Ralvaz1 @ Jul 20 2014, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the video, capture

Hello again

Thank you Primaveranz for assisting with this - it does seem Pilar that you only have Intel graphics, and no dedicated 3d video card - if you have not updated the drivers, we would recommend that you do. There is a thread here http://support.movie...phical-problems

Aside from that, I can see that the UI stops working for you in the Script Editor, where you are attempting to create the new scene, and as the Empty Set is automatically selected, when you choose the set, that is what you are getting. Primaveranz has already established that you cannot select any of the other sets (though your video does not seem to show you trying that.
Can you open the original scene?

It seems that your film is using a stock bedroom set, so until Ben is about to assess your issue in more detail (Wednesday), if you wish to continue filmmaking, I would suggest you export your characters as Stock Characters, then start a whole new movie, rather than a new scene in the same movie, and create your next scene in that. These can be rendered and edited together later on.

I apologise that we cannot resolve your issue more promptly.
Please advise on the driver update and whether you can create a new movie for the new scene, as a workaround for now.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#19 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (flashman @ Jul 21 2014, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello again

Thank you Primaveranz for assisting with this - it does seem Pilar that you only have Intel graphics, and no dedicated 3d video card - if you have not updated the drivers, we would recommend that you do. There is a thread here http://support.movie...phical-problems

Aside from that, I can see that the UI stops working for you in the Script Editor, where you are attempting to create the new scene, and as the Empty Set is automatically selected, when you choose the set, that is what you are getting. Primaveranz has already established that you cannot select any of the other sets (though your video does not seem to show you trying that.
Can you open the original scene?

It seems that your film is using a stock bedroom set, so until Ben is about to assess your issue in more detail (Wednesday), if you wish to continue filmmaking, I would suggest you export your characters as Stock Characters, then start a whole new movie, rather than a new scene in the same movie, and create your next scene in that. These can be rendered and edited together later on.

I apologise that we cannot resolve your issue more promptly.
Please advise on the driver update and whether you can create a new movie for the new scene, as a workaround for now.

Best,
Andrew

Hi Andrew-
I've been talking to someone to change the graphics on the PC. The bedroom scene was just an example, I can think of all the scenes and sets, including those that I have created and saved.
Something has improved. Not me everything stays locked as above happened, only set, which is forcing me to choose the one that is empty.
Yes, I can open the original scene.
The drivers have been updated, but the problem continues.
The theme of the characters and start a new movie I'm doing.
Thank you very much for your help, Andrew and primaveraz.
A greeting.

#20 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Hi,
Sorry about this, there is a bug in 1.6.3 which sometimes prevents correctly being able to select a new set when creating a new scene.

The workaround is to save your movie, and reload it. Then go to the new scene you want to work on, and in the set workshop, load a new set from stock.

Or, as it is fixed in the 1.6.4 beta, install that:
http://www.moviestor...showtopic=14984
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd