Photo

Is the lack of a Face maker hurting Moviestorms long term outlook

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your thoughts on this question (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the lack of a Face maker hurting Moviestorms long term outlook

1. Yes: (55 votes [76.39%])

Percentage of vote: 76.39%

2. No: (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Unsure: (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

I think we all agreed some time ago that

- a facemaker, or face-morpher

is one of the most important things to happen for Moviestorm.
Having played around now for some time with iClone, I would go so far as to add that we'll need the ability to design our own costumes, too, hopefully soon, simply because the MS team is too small to cater to all our needs, costume-wise.
For example, I would kill for some simple, everyday, older-people costumes; or costumes for the girls that actually would be wearable in an office situation (with the exception of the suit, and the skirt and jacket, none of the costumes are appropriate - nobody would wear a blouse that shows off the belly button in an office - I hope.)
I have nothing against trainers, but trainers to nearly every outfit? Meh...

Don't get me wrong - I love MS - but lately, having played around in Second Life and iClone, where costuming is so easy (well, not that easy - but if you take the time to learn the process, you can make any costume imaginable), I'm longing for my favourite program to have these options, too...

#102 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

I agree, the costuming is great on Iclone and really is needed here on Moviestorm. I know there are ways to texture with the costumes and I could do that but I can't figure out where the folders go.

All you have to do is to alter the diffuse and opacity and I know those exist in Moviestorm but you can't see them for the costumes. At least I have not been able to find them.

Isn't that the truth though about ordinary every day clothing? I know people want to design very arty things but it is the everyday clothing and objects we really need. And of course being able to make designs for different periods like the 1950's would be great.

#103 Forbiden1

Forbiden1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

I voted yes to the facemaker because I do believe EVERYONE will benefit from it not only veteran users but new users and staff as well. I for one find it very strange to see a character that I put in my movie on another one with the same costumes. In a way that kills the movie a little bit. Dont start saying that in films people do it. We are talking machinima here. So if we get different voices for different characters we may as well get new faces for those characters as well not have Suzy with a character and have Sasha with the same character on another movie. So why a facemaker you say and you also say that it may harm sales. Hmmm well funny that because we are able to make and import any model we want from sketchup and yet we still buy MS official addons. An opinion is an opinion and I stand by it.

EDIT: One little example is for my latest movie A Suicidal Message Ive had to use like a lil bit more than 8 different programs to achieve the stuff I want in my movie.....A lot of greenscreen. Stuff that MS still cant do. But hopefully will in the future for example people falling from high places. MS cant do this so I had to figure out how to do this in a way where it looks good but that it also has the very same MS characters and addons.

I apologize if the post sounds upset I can assure you Im all the contrary! Just constructive critisism here!
This Post is:

#104 s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

Why can't you just set a price like you do the rest of the packs? The Movies Online was like 50 dollars and that included a face maker. The Sims includes a face maker with the game as well. So if you take away the game and just isolate the face maker, it should only be what, about 10-20 dollars? So why not price it at 2000 MSP and $30 for purchase. Or you could just make it so that people have to rent it in order to use it.

#105 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I'd prefer to purchase something like this outright but I can imagine that it could be a big "benefit" allowed to Subscribers.

#106 kre8tor

kre8tor

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Yeah i think movie storm is great but i love the way i clone lets you morph there faces allot and create different clothing and skin textures.Also the easy way to build a scene with your own textures.I don't understand why wouldn't movie storm want to compete with i clone i believe movie storm can really become a leader if they would give more to there customers to build with.

#107 dean240

dean240

Director

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 23 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds like a good idea, but I would still pay $100 for a face maker and I think a lot of people would. I do not think the problem is money. I think they have still not worked out the mechanics of being able to make this happen, but they will. But of course no one ever listens to what I say anyway.

Luc, I listen to you and your points are quiet interesting as well.

I am one of those people, who makes a lot of thoughts before buying a pack or subscription . For the price of I clone, I can buy myself a cheap PC and if I save the money I will spend on the content packs of Iclone , I think I can do a lot more. While many can pay hundreds of dollars for a facemaker, what about the may who can't?

Look at it this way, all of us are giving this software, Moviestorm our valuable time so that we can enjoy it's reasonable resources and make works of creativity.

Since subscription has now become a compulsory option to perform in order to save $10 , why don't the face maker be a free addition to the base pack at least on subscription?

In that way the customer as well as Moviestorm would benifit!

As for the faces in additional content packs, SF can make faces which cannot be made in the face maker.

The characters in movies does seem all so famaliar. I mean , in the same movie , two people may look awfully similar because the director's options are quiet limited and every time you cannot avoid it by changing the hair , especially for females.

I agree with many who have posted in this thread.

dean