27 replies to this topic

#21 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

I think you could probably Subscribe now Daveman
(so you can get cracking on your flicks asap with no watermark)
& when the official 1.6 comes out it should update itself without costing you anymore...
Well thats my assumption.. unsure.gif
Thats how other Updates have worked for me in the past on the Subscription plan.

#22 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (kwistufa @ Aug 31 2013, 1:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you could probably Subscribe now Daveman
(so you can get cracking on your flicks asap with no watermark)
& when the official 1.6 comes out it should update itself without costing you anymore...
Well thats my assumption.. unsure.gif
Thats how other Updates have worked for me in the past on the Subscription plan.

Thanks. I am confused. A miracle just happened and I got the money to pay the full price (Never did and still don't understand the subscription process).
I clicked the BOXED version - but seen no shipping charges (and thats cool) then I get a notice that I am Subscribed. While I am VERY THRILLED to have to full version - I am now more confused about Subscription vs full purchase vs the Boxed version. Do I get the box sent as well? Its all pretty confusing and nowhere can I find the answers to these questions.

AHEM - Im not complaining - hahaha - but clarification to all this confusion would be nice. I sent Support an email but not sure when they will be able to reply being the weekend and all.

I am so thankful there are helpful people here in the forums. I'd be lost without you guys and gals.

#23 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's the weekend so you might not get any official response until Monday, but, what exactly did you buy?

When I go to the main Buy/Subscription page I see the following at the top, note my prices are in British Pounds:

On The Left: Buy Moviestorm Max, the full Moviestorm tool plus 39 content packs, with further options to:

Buy (Perpetual) £150.00
Rent For 12 Months £100.00
Rent For 3 Months £40.00
Rent For 1 Month £20.00

On The Right: Similar layout but for the Theme Bundles, again here you can Buy (Perpetual) or rent for 12, 3 and 1 Month, but then can choose one of the theme bundles so you only get what packs are in that bundle, but you still get the full Moviestorm software

I assume you went for the Buy (Perpetual) option on the right for the Moviestorm Max full product, if so then yes you have purchased it in full, and if you ticked the box for the boxed version I guess they will send you the discs, this will still show up as a subscription but it's a lifetime subscription, that's the part that has often confused people, it harks back I think to when they originally only had subscriptions and you could not buy it outright.

Anyway you should be able to download and install it in full if you have not already, and should have access to whatever 39 addon packs is included, and you should find that you don't have to log in every 2 weeks, this is something you do have to do if you only get the 12, 3, or 1 month subscription.

Note, you might need to log out and then back in again just once for it to pick up your license assuming you already had it installed.

Hope this helps a bit, if not then I'm sure Ben will clarify things come Monday

#24 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Aug 31 2013, 5:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy (Perpetual) £150.00

This is the only one available to new users.

The following are only available to people who already had a Moviestorm account on the cutoff date (don't remember when, but it might have been a couple of years ago now):
Rent For 3 Months £40.00
Rent For 1 Month £20.00

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#25 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Much appreciation to MS for this update.
Moviestorm is rollin along...
Woot!

#26 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Xolotl @ Aug 31 2013, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Much appreciation to MS for this update.
Moviestorm is rollin along...
Woot!

This update is from November 2012 wink.gif

#27 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Aug 31 2013, 5:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the weekend so you might not get any official response until Monday, but, what exactly did you buy?

When I go to the main Buy/Subscription page I see the following at the top, note my prices are in British Pounds:

On The Left: Buy Moviestorm Max, the full Moviestorm tool plus 39 content packs, with further options to:

Buy (Perpetual) £150.00
Rent For 3 Months £40.00
Rent For 1 Month £20.00

On The Right: Similar layout but for the Theme Bundles, again here you can Buy (Perpetual) or rent for 12, 3 and 1 Month, but then can choose one of the theme bundles so you only get what packs are in that bundle, but you still get the full Moviestorm software

I assume you went for the Buy (Perpetual) option on the right for the Moviestorm Max full product, if so then yes you have purchased it in full, and if you ticked the box for the boxed version I guess they will send you the discs, this will still show up as a subscription but it's a lifetime subscription, that's the part that has often confused people, it harks back I think to when they originally only had subscriptions and you could not buy it outright.

Anyway you should be able to download and install it in full if you have not already, and should have access to whatever 39 addon packs is included, and you should find that you don't have to log in every 2 weeks, this is something you do have to do if you only get the 12, 3, or 1 month subscription.

Note, you might need to log out and then back in again just once for it to pick up your license assuming you already had it installed.

Hope this helps a bit, if not then I'm sure Ben will clarify things come Monday

Thanks - I appreciate it. I went with the full perpetual option. Its cheaper much cheaper that way especially if one will be using it quite often. Anything else is okay for off and on projects that are few and far between.

#28 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (rip @ Dec 2 2012, 5:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, it works.

Yeah it works, but the error is present even in the newest version of Moviestorm. I had to look up my post to get past this again.