• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5236 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

Ben, the splash tab still advertises 1.5.3.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#22 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (andy_price @ Dec 22 2013, 9:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great work on the new update, but a question... In the new update, it says you can set up modders licence. but I cant remember my password for my licence, do I need to delete that one first for this to work?

If you delete the old one and create a new one with the same name, that should be fine. There is interface for doing that in the launcher.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#23 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yay, what a great birthday and Christmas gift, thank you! biggrin.gif
And now that I have some days off after a crazy work schedule in the past 3 weeks, I can finally get back to enjoy creative "work".

#24 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Merry Christmas, Ben
How can I keep my old(1.5) MS copy and just download the new (without any overwriting)? I wanna make sure I can open my ongoing projects in 1.6 without crashing anything. Then, if all is clear, bye-bye 1.5

#25 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi Keith,
You can just make a copy of your program in your programs folder, and name one of them so that you can distinguish them well, e.g. Moviestorm_noupdate, and only update the other. I did just that for the 1.6 beta version so that I had both versions.
Btw, I didn't have any issues with opening old projects in my 1.6 beta.

#26 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thanks Mystery. I made copy as backup and started the upgrade on the original. The upgrade lasted just a few moments. Made me think :" was that it?"
Now, when I look at "About" it tells me I´ve got MS 1.5. If I open it, the first "page" tells me I´ve got 1.6. So I´m confused (and that is a weird feeling)
Question: Are there any visual upgrades/differencies between 1.5 and 1.6? I can`t see any at the moment (but I´m tired rolleyes.gif )

#27 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 23 2013, 6:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben, the splash tab still advertises 1.5.3.

Adds to my confusion

#28 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Dec 26 2013, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Mystery. I made copy as backup and started the upgrade on the original. The upgrade lasted just a few moments. Made me think :" was that it?"
Now, when I look at "About" it tells me I´ve got MS 1.5. If I open it, the first "page" tells me I´ve got 1.6. So I´m confused (and that is a weird feeling)
Question: Are there any visual upgrades/differencies between 1.5 and 1.6? I can`t see any at the moment (but I´m tired rolleyes.gif )

Yes, it just takes a quick moment to upgrade. If the first "page" tells you that you've got Version: Moviestorm 1.6 release 30407, then your upgrade has worked smile.gif
There are no big visual upgrades to 1.5.
Here is the detailed list of the new features and bugfixes:
http://www.moviestor...ase-version-1-6
(but get some sleep first before reading it through wink.gif)

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Dec 26 2013, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adds to my confusion

When you start MS, on the first splash screen (with the Start button), you still see "Moviestorm 1.5.3 - try the new look at controls!", I think this is what Primaveranz meant.

#29 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Things that make your movie most different from an old version:
Improvisation - if you are allowing your characters to improvise, they will be doing different actions to what they were in 1.5.4
Sitting on sofas or low chairs - there is a new animation for the 'Sit down' action - the new one is shorter and has less turning around, so your movies timing should not be disrupted.

I'm not aware of anything else that makes a movie you have just loaded that was made in 1.5.4 look different when you load it in 1.6.

Copying your existing installation and then updating is fine - not that you would need to not save over your existing movies, too - use save as, or copy them, if you want to have an old version that still loads in 1.5.4.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#30 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Dec 26 2013, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Improvisation - if you are allowing your characters to improvise, they will be doing different actions to what they were in 1.5.4

And they are great action improvements.
Complete with rolling eyes. Thank you so much Ben_s for this great new development.
I am very happy with it. It runs super smooth and the nice (interface) rolleyes.gif improvements are too much to mention them all.
Thank you very much.

Creating situations and learning to see.

#31 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I just wish there was an option to the upgrade button. Maybe one that allows us to update the changes to the base and contents for the 1.5 version and one to upgrade to 1.6. I wanted to update the packs but it also updated the whole program. Fortunately I did make a second folder beforehand but now I cannot update any of the packs because it will upgrade the whole program.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#32 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

I have been MIA for a while and dropped in for a look see and WOW! ITS HERE? Really? Im going back to bed because I know Im dreaming. Better yet, somebody slap me and call me Betty - then I know I'm not dreaming. Just have your running shoes on when ya do it - LOL.

I'll download and give it a go. Im sure I'll have to re-educate myself to everything but thats to be expected. I havent been feeling well for quite a while and havent even opened Moviestorm in a few weeks.
Happy Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years wishes to all! The New Moviestorm is one heck of a Christmas gift! Im anticipating great things.

#33 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Thanks to all at Moviestorm.
I am really enjoying the improvements.
I am blown away by the simple additions that will give my scenes more depth without adding to the memory.

Good stuff!

Happy New Year.

#34 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Ben, I have been using 1.6 in my latest episode of "A Puney Planet" blink.gif and find it much easier in many ways.
in particular the Improv timeline is just brilliant. smile.gif You've really iron out a few bumps.
Thanks Ben and MS. biggrin.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--