292 replies to this topic

#1 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

Hello fellow Moviestormers!!!

The Storm Hour has been restructured with a brand new host, a brand new format, and a brand new attitude!

What is this thing called "The Storm Hour"?

Every Saturday at 1pm PST/ 4pm EST/ 9pm UK over at www.tmoaradio.com or at the brand new www.tmutheater.com/home/tmoa-radio, you can listen to a LIVE radio show talking nothing but about Moviestorm, its developers, and its members.

With its hosts D.L. Watson and Alonzo, with Jakechief as mascot - The Storm Hour promises to deliver YOU - the listening audience - weekly updates from the Moviestorm development blog, announcements about future content packs, and interviews with fresh and senior filmmakers to talk about their projects with this maturing software.

Along with this new format, The Storm Hour is now going to be handing out "Storm Awards"! These crafted trophies will be handed out at the last show in each month to a special filmmaker who has just blown our minds with his or her production released in that particular month.

And it doesn't stop there! At the end of the year, those twelve Storm Award winners will be automatically entered into a vote for the Storm Hour's "Category 5 Storm Award" which will grant you with some super, duper prizes*!

So I hope you come on by and listen to the storm hour with D.L. Watson, Alonzo, Jakechief. And if you are involved in a Moviestorm projects and want to be on the show, send us a private message and we'll get you on!

Until then! MAY THE STORM BE WITH YOU!!!

*prize have not been confirmed. They will consist of either free content packs, a moviestorm yearly subscription, moviestorm points, or all of the above.

#2 chatnoirstudios

chatnoirstudios

Director

• Pioneers
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

Great hosts, great show, and now awards to top it off! biggrin.gif

Hope to hear lots more from the active members of this community.

Storm on!

Chat Noir Studios online: Blog, Facebook, Twitter

#3 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:37 AM

Thx sherwin. U might be our number one fan. biggrin.gif I am pleased with this new format. It is more organized than ever! Have a good day!
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#4 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

Very cool. Good luck with the show!

#5 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

Hello MOVIESTORMERS!

We have a SOLID show lined up for tomorrow! First up will be a great discussion on the latest "Base Pack" contest! There have been some fantastic submissions and we intend to talk about some of our favorites!

Right after we will bring on kibishipaul to talk about his dark and thrilling films like "The Little Match Girls Revenge", "Jeckyl and Hyde, Part I", and "PANdemIC"!

And of course, the show wouldn't be the same without Jakechief's Moviestorm recommendations and discussions about the Moviestorm development team.

AND DONT FORGET FOLKS! We will be announcing this months winner of the STORM AWARD on the January 31st show! So keep on making great films and you can be entered into winning some incredible prizes!

All the fun starts 1:00pm PST, 4:00pm EST, 9:00pm UK, 10:00pm EUR over at www.tmoaradio.com or at http://tmutheater.com/home/tmoa-radio!

Want to join in on the chat, go to either link and take one minute and register with the chatroom! You can interactively ask us questions and be apart of the LIVE RADIO EXPERIENCE!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

#6 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3262 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Are you planning to realease a podcast for this show?

#7 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jan 17 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you planning to realease a podcast for this show?

Yes, we certainly are going to be making a non-live podcast version of this show! I've also got plans for an official webpage dedicated to...well...um....The Storm Hour and Moviestorm in general! woot!

And if you have missed the last two shows? Why not download them and listen to them on your free time!

January 2nds Show is here

January 9ths Show is here

ALSO. I want to remind people again that one of you filmmakers this month might be getting yourself a STORM AWARD for outstanding film of the month.

What does that mean? It means that well...your film was outstanding.

And then! At the end of the year, you will be automatically entered into a contest where the Moviestorm community votes for the best of the best Storm Award winners. The winner gets a beautiful Category 5 Storm Award and nice big prize.

The prize hasn't been confirmed, but it will consist of either a free year subscription to moviestorm, all the current content packs, lots of moviestorm points, or all of the above. Regardless, the winner will come out a happy person.

So keep making your films!

AND IF YOU WANT TO BE ON THE STORM HOUR, JUST SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND WE'LL MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS!

STORM ON!

#8 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3262 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the links. Good idea about the website, makes it possible to RSS the podcast. mach is so international your never going to hit everyone's timezone.
Good luck with this.

#9 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

On this glorious saturday, or for some, its Sunday, we will have a great guest! Today's guest is Mefune Akira! He has made some hilarious films. As well, as he was one of the winners for Base Pak Contest. So it should really exciting to be talking to the god of comedy!

And don't forget to join the chatroom too to talk to all of your friends from the community!

Listen here: http://www.tmoaradio.com/64K.asx

Only at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4 Eastern, 9 UK, 10 EUR, 4 AUStralia

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy.
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#10 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

Are these archived somewhere? I can't find them (actually, http://tmutheater.com/home/tmoa-radio looks like a broken link, and shortening it to just tmutheater.com now redirects to livestream.com sad.gif )

rgr

#11 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

You can download them at TMOA Radio. Here is the latest one: http://www.tmoaradio.....January 2010/

#12 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hello Moviestormers!

Boy, we have ALOT to talk about coming up TOMORROW! And yes! There will be a guest! Who is it? What is thy name?

Davidwww why of course! He'll be joining us in the second half hour of the show to spill his beans and how he's such a great filmmaker - then we'll put a straight jacket on him and force him to do whatever we want and we'll take all the credit MUHAHAHA!!!

Of course, well get in touch with Alonzo and see how he's doing and I'm sure I'll ramble a bit............

It should be alot fun --- sooo tune in at 1pm Pacific Standard Time/4pm Eastern Standard Time over at www.tmutheater.com/home/tmoa-radio

SO BE THERE!

#13 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:23 AM

Thank you very much for not locking me up and forcing me to do unspeakable things and if you can't find a proper film maker or modder to interview in the future, I will be glad to put on my best frock and come on again laugh.gif

Regards
David

P.S. When will the episode be ready to down load, my wife wants to listen to it, so she can hear how much I embarrassed myself

Moviestorm still Number One

#14 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:15 AM

The download should be up in a couple days. Whenever the producers get around to putting it up at the site.

It was great fun having you on the show David and we will definitely have you come back and chat with us again.

#15 squadronfilms

squadronfilms

Director

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hey I'm a new comer to the show and Ive downloaded some of the old ones, sounds good and very interesting. The website is not that grate though, not very easy to navigate. No idea how I found the old episodes lol

Hope I can catch the next one live before I have to go to work, Think you should make it 8pmGMT so I can listen to it live all the way lol wink.gif
Paul Firmin-IMDB
Producer/Director
Squadron Films

#16 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (squadronfilms @ Feb 24 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I'm a new comer to the show and Ive downloaded some of the old ones, sounds good and very interesting. The website is not that grate though, not very easy to navigate. No idea how I found the old episodes lol

Hope I can catch the next one live before I have to go to work, Think you should make it 8pmGMT so I can listen to it live all the way lol wink.gif

Thanks for looking at some of the older stuff Squad! I completely understand your point about the website and I have plans to create our own site which I "hope" will make people more comfortable and be able to find our previous shows easier.

Our show is produced by TMOA Radio from the TMUnderground community. Its a great resource for people get honest feedback from respected directors. Check it out if you havent already: www.tmunderground.com.

And for the times - we have no control over that right now...but the more listeners we get - the more power we will have when/if we want to request a new timeslot.

#17 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3262 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

Is there some sort of link available for all the shows?. I'm sure I missed the last one.

#18 Killian

Killian

Director

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Feb 25 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there some sort of link available for all the shows?. I'm sure I missed the last one.

The show archives are available here.

#19 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3262 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Killian!

#20 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Moviestormer and TMOA Radio Listeners!

We have a show tomorrow! This of course kills the rumors that Ken personally flew all the way from Florida to Oregon to let me know The Storm Hour was being taken off the air followed by shooting me in the forehead.

There have been some more interesting updates over at Moviestorm - details on what is coming up in Moviestorm 1.3!

We'll definitely talk about Overmans's new mod which also marks the first addon to be released that users will need to pay for. Is it worth it?

And in the second half hour, we will bring on moviestorm user 162 to talk about her productions and grill her about what she thinks of Moviestorm, where she like to see it go, and of course what she might have planned in the future!

So tune in right after the DCMF Modding Hour, thats 1:00pm PST, 4:00pm EST at TMOARadio!

Listen in over at www.tmutheater.com/home/tmoa-radio and log into the chatroom so we can interact with you! And of course, make fun of you. smile.gif