• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

Installing Moviestorm 1.3 involves a complete fresh installation of Moviestorm from scratch. It's not an update or a patch.

Before you start

You will need an active membership (subscription) in order to run Moviestorm 1.3. If you do not have a membership when you start Moviestorm 1.3, you will see a message after you log in that prompts you to become a member.

Instructions

- Ensure you have enough disk space. You will require at least 500Mb for the base version of Moviestorm. If you have extra content packs, plus Photostorm and Greetingstorm and beta content, you may require up to 5Gb.
- Go to http://www.moviestor...load_moviestorm and download the appropriate Moviestorm installer for Windows and Mac. (25Mb Windows, 48Mb Mac)
- Run that file. It will install into a new folder (Windows), or you can manually select a new folder (Mac).
- This will bring up the Moviestorm launcher. Now sign in.
- If you don't have a membership, you need to get one before you can proceed.
- Moviestorm will now download the application, assets, and all content packs you have purchased or rented from the Marketplace. This can take quite a while, depending on your Internet connection and how many packs you need to download.
- Optionally, click on Get More Content in the launcher, and download any Photostorm and Greetingstorm packs you want.
- If you have any mods installed, copy them over into your new Moviestorm 1.3 folder.
- Moviestorm 1.3 is now ready to run!

If you're a registered modder, you will also need the new version of the Modder's workshop. Download this from http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon and install as normal.

Notes

You can install Moviestorm 1.3 alongside Moviestorm 1.2 and you can continue using Moviestorm 1.2 after you have installed Moviestorm 1.3: you do not have to uninstall Moviestorm 1.2. However, movies made or saved in Moviestorm 1.3 will not run in Moviestorm 1.2.

We are not aware of any compatibility issues taking movies from Moviestorm 1.2 into Moviestorm 1.3. However, it would be sensible to save your existing movies as a new movie, and then work on the new version, so you can revert to the old one in the event of any problems.

We have not tested any user mods in Moviestorm 1.3. Mods may or may not work correctly.

More information

- Full release notes
- Memberships
- Help forum
- More about what's in Moviestorm 1.3
The Moviestorm Team

#2 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

*Rubs hands together* Alrighty....download now...

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

*Drool....slobber*, I`m patiently waiting while moviestorm downloads it files, then its play time laugh.gif

#4 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Sweet! Downloading now smile.gif

#5 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

That's funny cause I did the same thing D.L. Watson did. laugh.gif

#6 162

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

Yay! Now just to wait for it to download.....

....Download.....

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

It downloaded fine and now it has been downloading the CORE for about three hours and is stuck at the same place, about 11 mg in. Can I downlode the Core some other way than from where the program starts up?

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

Never mind. It downloaded the core and now is downloading the base just fine. I still have all my addons in a directory. I hope I can just install them as I downloaded them again for the 1.2 version. So I will try installing them and see if that works. IF not, I guess I will have to redownload all the content packs again.

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

It has installed and supposedly downloaded all the addon content packs, however, when I restart it, it keeps trying to download them again, although they are in the addon folder. Don't know what the problem might be. Also a lot of them are unchecked although they say licensed so I checked them and then it said to restart Moveistorm, which I did. Then when I restart it, it tries to download more content packs that are already there.

Just an update -- everything finally installed correctly, all my addons show up and all my own props show up and I love the new manipulator that allows me to easily move props up down, sideways and every way I can think of. That makes all the difference. Thanks so much! There is something different about the color and lighting too. It is much more vivid. The lighting is much better too.

#10 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1903 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

I download and installed. Everything went very smoothly, but I found a few issues and I'm just putting them out there in case anyone else has them. When I go to change a character's costume a bunch of the costumes come up as broken with big locks on them. At first I thought it might just be the costumes I haven't purchased yet, but some of the heads come up this way as well as some of the hairstyles and the entire beard/mustache area (not sure what it's called). So I can't add a beard or anything in that section. I haven't tried the female puppets yet, just noticed it so I thought I'd post.

I would like to say that the cutting room is wickedawsome! smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#11 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (squirrelygirl @ Apr 21 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I download and installed. Everything went very smoothly, but I found a few issues and I'm just putting them out there in case anyone else has them. When I go to change a character's costume a bunch of the costumes come up as broken with big locks on them. At first I thought it might just be the costumes I haven't purchased yet, but some of the heads come up this way as well as some of the hairstyles and the entire beard/mustache area (not sure what it's called). So I can't add a beard or anything in that section. I haven't tried the female puppets yet, just noticed it so I thought I'd post.

Do you mean broken (with the purple 'broken texture' thumbnail?) or just locked?
If you click on them, does it say why they are disabled?

It may be worthwhile going to the settings menu and checking if you have addons that are disabled.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#12 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 21 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still have all my addons in a directory. I hope I can just install them as I downloaded them again for the 1.2 version.

If you do this, you will be missing out on all the fixes and additions to those packs for 1.3
And things may not work correctly at some arbitary point in the future due to updates.

It is definatly preferable to re-download the addons.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#13 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 21 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do this, you will be missing out on all the fixes and additions to those packs for 1.3
And things may not work correctly at some arbitary point in the future due to updates.

It is definatly preferable to re-download the addons.

Hmmm ... sounds like a job for ... durr durr ... the OFFICE network connection wink.gif Don't know if the situation is any better in the UK, but Australia has some of the most primitive broadband in the so-called 'first world'. Even worse if you're trying to use wireless broadband. By the time I manage to re-download ALL tthe content packs I've purchased from my home internet connection, you will be releasing 1.4

I'm hoping once CORE & BASE download and are applied, I can just cancel the download and finish the other addons tommorrow while I'm at the office. Thank god I work for one of Australia's 'top five' online publishers, at least we've got decent broadband there ...

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (czechboysonic @ Apr 21 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm ... sounds like a job for ... durr durr ... the OFFICE network connection wink.gif Don't know if the situation is any better in the UK, but Australia has some of the most primitive broadband in the so-called 'first world'. Even worse if you're trying to use wireless broadband. By the time I manage to re-download ALL tthe content packs I've purchased from my home internet connection, you will be releasing 1.4

I'm hoping once CORE & BASE download and are applied, I can just cancel the download and finish the other addons tommorrow while I'm at the office. Thank god I work for one of Australia's 'top five' online publishers, at least we've got decent broadband there ...

Well we don't have that great DSL here in Kansas City but what happened when I downloaded it was that it automatically downloaded EVERYTHING including all the content packs I had purchased and the new modders workshop program. It took a few stops and starts as it did stall on downloading content packs but it really only took a couple of hours and it works perfectly. The stalling coule have been my own fault as I was doing other things with Sketchup and other programs while I was downloading it. I also just copied all my own addons into the directory (and I have over 50 of my own addons) and they work perfectly too. So I would just set it up to download and let it work. If it seems to stop or stall, then restart it and it will pick up where it left off.

#15 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1903 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 21 2010, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean broken (with the purple 'broken texture' thumbnail?) or just locked?
If you click on them, does it say why they are disabled?

It's both. It shows a broken texture thumbnail and it's locked. When I click on it a pop up appears that says it requires the Modder's Workshop Pack to work. Only I've already download the Modder's Workshop and installed it using the Get More Content button. I've also used the Modder's Workshop in 1.3 already and was able to log in, import a prop and publish it. I did check the settings and as strange as this may sound altough the Modders Workshop is checked it also says Unlicenced. Is this the problem? And if so how do I fix it? Thank you! smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#16 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1903 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

According to the Log Text MS is unable to read a bunch of addons.

LOG TEXT

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#17 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

There is definatly something wrong with your ModdersWorkshop addon squirrelygirl.
If you had tried to republish it in the modders workshop, you might get these sort of errors?

I would sugest that you find your install folder (probably C:/Program Files/Moviestorm-1.3/)
And in the AddOn folder, delete the ModdersWorkshop folder to remove the ModdersWorkshop addon.

You could then check that it is working correctly by starting Moviestorm and going into the dressing room, to see if all the extra broken thumbnails for cosumes are gone.

Once that works (if it does), the next step would be reinstalling the ModdersWorkshop.addon
Make sure you have the latest version ( from http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon as mentioned in the release notes).

And then see if the problem is still fixed.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 22 2010, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is definatly something wrong with your ModdersWorkshop addon squirrelygirl.
If you had tried to republish it in the modders workshop, you might get these sort of errors?

I would sugest that you find your install folder (probably C:/Program Files/Moviestorm-1.3/)
And in the AddOn folder, delete the ModdersWorkshop folder to remove the ModdersWorkshop addon.

You could then check that it is working correctly by starting Moviestorm and going into the dressing room, to see if all the extra broken thumbnails for cosumes are gone.

Once that works (if it does), the next step would be reinstalling the ModdersWorkshop.addon
Make sure you have the latest version ( from http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon as mentioned in the release notes).

And then see if the problem is still fixed.

She reinstalled the program yesterday after my advice. And she thinks it was that she installed the older Moviestorm Modder's Workshop addon instead of the new one. Anyway it is working fine for her now.

#19 radstorm

radstorm

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

I tried becoming a member twice and nothing..first time via an email you sent sometime back..and again not long ago..

Before that you had the credits for purchases thing, and I never got one single credit..what gives? angry.gif
* This World Belongs To You *

#20 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hi radstorm, I have pm'd you. Please contact me and we'll get your subscription sorted out.
Amos
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.