• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

I have another question about installation. Can I install the Pioneer addon and the basebeta 02 addon that we had in all the other versions? The reason is because there are costumes and hairdos in both of them that I want to use and some other props that are not available anymore.

#22 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 22 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have another question about installation. Can I install the Pioneer addon and the basebeta 02 addon that we had in all the other versions? The reason is because there are costumes and hairdos in both of them that I want to use and some other props that are not available anymore.

You can try, but they haven't been officially supported for over a year.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#23 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Apr 22 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can try, but they haven't been officially supported for over a year.

Great, they worked fine with 1.2 so they should work with this version. Thanks.

#24 scripter

scripter

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

When I render from MS onto my PC, all I get is a black screen. I've tried it a few times. I'm gonna re-install the old version.

Cheers,

Dean
Master Mind

#25 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (scripter @ Apr 23 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I render from MS onto my PC, all I get is a black screen. I've tried it a few times. I'm gonna re-install the old version.

Cheers,

Dean

Strange, I found no problems with rendering, I actually thought it gave better quality than before blink.gif

#26 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

...If you're a registered modder, you will also need the new version of the Modder's workshop. Download this from http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon and install as normal.

...I don't know what "install as normal" is... do we just unzip and put the folder in the addon directory? (Help will be appreciated! ) unsure.gif
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#27 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi Fulkster,
What you need to do is to download the .addon file and place it somewhere that's easy to access (do not unzip it). Start Moviestorm and click on the "Get More Content" button then click on the "Install AddOn file". You can then select the AddOn you downloaded and install it.

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#28 cd

cd

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

I'm running 1.2 without any subscription. If I get it right for trying out 1.3 I have to
subscribe, even if it's free for the trial period. When 1.3 subsription expires on my account will
that have any effect on using 1.2 makin me unable to access 1.2.
Or do I have to setup an extra account for 1.3 for that?

#29 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

Yes that's right, you do need to subscribe to use 1.3.
The subscription has no effect on your 1.2 installation (it installs to a new folder) and has no effect on your "Free" tag on your account which allows you to use 1.2. If you decide that you don't want to continue your subscription with 1.3 you can return to 1.2 with no problems.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#30 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (cd @ Apr 27 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm running 1.2 without any subscription. If I get it right for trying out 1.3 I have to
subscribe, even if it's free for the trial period.

Correct.
When 1.3 subsription expires on my account will
that have any effect on using 1.2 makin me unable to access 1.2.
Or do I have to setup an extra account for 1.3 for that?

Any new content packs released after 1.3 will probably not work with 1.2; otherwise your account should continue to work with 1.2 as before.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#31 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 27 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Fulkster,
What you need to do is to download the .addon file and place it somewhere that's easy to access (do not unzip it). Start Moviestorm and click on the "Get More Content" button then click on the "Install AddOn file". You can then select the AddOn you downloaded and install it.

Hi Amos (thanks for the quick reply)...

Well... for me, the link gave me a zipped folder to download (that's why I'm a little confused), not an addon file (nor a zipped addon file)... a zipped "ModdersWorkshop" folder- there is the ".AddOn" file inside the "ModdersWorkshop" folder, but I don't think that is what I need for installation? Am I accessing the link in an incorrect manner?

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#32 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hmm, ok. It seems that some browsers are renaming our .addon files to .zip files.
This may be a configurable browser option, I'll look into that...
Anyway, the quick and easy way around this is to rename the ModdersWorkshop.zip to ModdersWorkshop.addon, and then the launcer will install it correctly.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#33 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thanks again, Amos

Just doing a re-name, didn't seem to work- my operating system (W7) just seemed to have it in its "mind" that it was a zip file...

So I re-downloaded it- and it still wanted to call it a zip file, so I had to change it at the bottom of the window from "zip file" to "all files". I think this seemed to work... I'll post back here if it doesn't-

Thanks for all your help!
Fulkster

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#34 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

I think there are still issues?

ModdersWorkshop now comes up with an "unlicensed" indication under "Settings"... is this normal, or is there another step for me to do? I haven't needed to publish any other addons, so I hesitate to do that unless told...

(I downloaded Mozilla Firefox for doing the latest MWorkshop download, so I didn't contend with the renaming that MS-IE was doing.)

(edit- I am able to login to Modder's Workshop... in case that's a question? but it still says "unlicensed".)

edit... I seem to be getting some odd results in Modder's Workshop- many (but not all) of the models are lacking the graphic file connections to give them color (clothing and such showing up black).

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#35 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

No Fulkster, that's fine.
That's just indicating that the Modders Workshop (which does not require a license, only a valid user account) is installed. It should all be working fine.

Edit: I guess not.. I'll look into it and get back shortly.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#36 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

edit... I seem to be getting some odd results in Modder's Workshop- many (but not all) of the models are lacking the graphic file connections to give them color (clothing and such showing up black).

The ModdersWorkshop.addon contains all the bodyparts and templates for all off the assets in our different addons.
Those addons, when distributed, contain only a packed version of the bodyparts, templates and meshes, which are not usable in the modders workshop.
SO if you want to do retextures, and the like, you need the ModdersWorkshop.addon

However, if you dont have the original content pack for some of those assets, then you wont have any of the textures for the characters in that pack. So when you click on their bodyparts in the modders workshop, then they will show up black.

So either, dont use the ones you dont have packs for, or go buy them and install them.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#37 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hi Ben,

I DO have all the packs that I am referring to... I am not "renting" them... I have purchased every pack that I use.

I HAVE BOUGHT THEM... PLEASE DO NOT IMPLY THAT I HAVE NOT!

I am reinstalling my downloads (addons).

(edit... re-installing the addons seems to have worked- but the "download all" kept going to sleep. Had to push it along one-by-one.)

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#38 arviwi

arviwi

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

while installing movie storm 1.3. the base is fail to download

#39 jalnor

jalnor

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (arviwi @ Jun 8 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while installing movie storm 1.3. the base is fail to download

I'm having the same issue... MD5 verification failed, usually on "BASE (2/3)"

#40 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

When the verification fails it is usually down to a corrupted download.
If you restart your launcher, Moviestorm will automatically delete the problem file and attempt to download it again.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.