• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KradProductions

KradProductions

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

Been a long time since I've played around with MS.  Over the course of time I lost all of my accumulated mods, even some really nice custom and paid for ones.

I swear I remember there being a mod that would allow you to import images to lay over characters. . .  I've done some searching and have come up with nothing.  Any one know about this?

Also, I can't seem to login into modder's workshop with what I remember my publisher's license was.  Is there still any support for that?

Cheers,
Evan

EDIT:  I also remember there being depth of field features in cinematography mode. . .  was this removed??

- Evan Ryan
kradproductions

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

No all these things are still,available. Have you got the DoF option switched on in the Settings option?

Also, you can re-download any official mods that you bought previously. However this assumes that you have a perpetual licence. If you were just renting it and let your subscription expire you will have to buy it or start renting again. I bought the max option way back as I saw no benefits in the renting model.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 KradProductions

KradProductions

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the reply,

When I meant paid mods, I should have been more specific -- these are mods that were created by others and charged for.  I do have a perpetual license and do have all of the addons I paid for that were created by the MS team.

Thanks for the info about DoF!  I forgot that this was something that had to be switched on.

Any ideas about "face tattoos?"  It was a basic concept if I remember correctly, like you could use one of the custom heads with sliders, go to the "tattoos" tab, add a default tattoo, then click the applied tattoo and choose an image file to replace it with.  I hope I'm not going crazy here!

ALSO!  Are there any addons that I should disable to make things run smoothly?  (Core, Base01?)

- Evan Ryan
kradproductions

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

!

ALSO!  Are there any addons that I should disable to make things run smoothly?  (Core, Base01?)

You don't want to disable those packs and I think you can't do it!
Unless you have a real large number of addons enabled, disabling a few of them won't make any difference. What really accounts for memory usage of some relevance are the number of addons actually referenced into the movie you're currently working on. As soon as you place any prop, just a single one, from an addon previously not referenced, the full mesh info for every prop in the package will be mapped into memory. So beware especially of huge mega-addons with dozens of highly detailed props!

Apart from the cases mentioned above, unless an addon is somehow corrupted or has gone rogue for some other reason, no noticeable benefit will result from disabling one or two addons.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

Any ideas about "face tattoos?"  It was a basic concept if I remember correctly, like you could use one of the custom heads with sliders, go to the "tattoos" tab, add a default tattoo, then click the applied tattoo and choose an image file to replace it with.  I hope I'm not going crazy here!

There are face tattoos on the Makeup tab in the Dressing room view. I seem to remember discussions somewhere on the forums about how to add new ones but have never needed them myself.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"