• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gtalar

gtalar

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hello all, I recently found a model on 3d Warehouse that would be perfect for a project however 3d Warehouse no longer allows you to download the model on an Sketchup version older than the 2014 version. I have the version 8.0 because i know that version works with Modders Workshop and am too scared to update incase i lose the ability to transfer models to Moviestorm. My question is could i still transfer models to Moviestorm using later versions of Sketchup and/or is there anyways you could still download models from 3d Warehouse to version 8.0 that i'm not aware of??

Many Thanks

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hi

You should have the option when you open in Sketchup to Save As a Sketchup Version 6, click Save As, and rename, eg. Chair to ChairSkp6, and where it says Save As Type, click the arrow to the right and choose, Sketchup Version 6, and you should be good to go.  :)

~M

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5382 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

Make sure you don't update SketchUp 8. Install the new version in another location - just in case they do something mean like remove the "Save As" to older versions ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"