4 replies to this topic

#1 murdocksgirl

murdocksgirl

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post. So apologize for the length. And for probably a stupid question.

I am using this as a "pre-viz" for my crew. We are shooting green screen and doing a live action with animation short film for my thesis.

I found the packs with the firefighters and the cops (yippee!) that I need, but heres the catch.

1) How can I make a character that is a little girl? Everyone in the packs is adults.

2) The second question is, how can I make a fire breathing dragon????

Please help? Pretty please?

Thanks!
MurdocksGirl

#2 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

1) How can I make a character that is a little girl? Everyone in the packs is adults.

At the moment you can't. There have been ways to Mod sizes of people to make smaller adults, but head proportions aren't really correct for children. I am also not sure whether the latest program update has smashed that mod or not. I suggest you simply green-screen youngish looking characters and match them with the adults by shooting them smaller.

2) The second question is, how can I make a fire breathing dragon????

You can import a dragon using sketchup...some very nice ones around. Then use the Special Effects pack to get the fireball you are looking for. The dragon won't be animated, except for basic movement (ie: forward, back up and down etc.) but for pre-viz, it will be good enough!

#3 murdocksgirl

murdocksgirl

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

I appreciate the response, but I think I wasn't clear enough in my orig. post.

I am using storm as a mock up for my crew to base angles, lighting etc (pre-viz stuff). Frankly I do not care about colors or if a character looks animated or not. This is just a template for everyone to use between our film department and animation department as a point of reference (esp. because we will be shooting green screen for the animation half of the film).

What i need is just something that remotely looks like a dragon and a kid to put in here so the angles etc are correct. How it actually appears (i.e. a blond little girl vs a redheaded little girl) isn't what I am aiming for.

Does that make any more sense.

I am not that tech savy so forgive me....but what the heck is sketch up?

Murdocksgirl

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5370 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:09 AM

Hi,
Google SketchUp is a free tool for creating 3D models. Depending on what you are trying to achieve (like are you going to actually animate the pre-viz?) you could possibly just create Set models inside Sketchup instead of Moviestorm.

Cheers.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

If its not too late, I could import these models into Moviestorm for your project, they would be static but mobile and should suit your needs for pre viz of your movie.

Regards
Davidwww

Moviestorm still Number One