• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bchtchr6

bchtchr6

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Can a custom set be created on one computer and then placed on other computers for students to use?

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (bchtchr6 @ May 18 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can a custom set be created on one computer and then placed on other computers for students to use?

Yes the addon packs used in the original set are also on the other computers as well as any outside mods used I am not quite sure which parts of the movie files you need to save and copy to the other computer but I think if you just go to your saved movie --which can be found on C:/Documents and settings/nameofuser/Moviestorm/Movies. and copy the entire folder with that movie's name and paste that movie folder into the other computers using the same location for the saved file, that should work.

#3 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Yes, first export your set to stock. To do this just click the button with a cube on it within the set view, then the button with an arrow pointing to a cube. The set will be saved inside your Moviestorm user directory.
You can access the stock sets here;

Vista, Win7, Macs: [Username]/Moviestorm/Stock
WinXP: C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm/Stock

You will see your stock set file in here. All you need to do is copy that file to the same directory on any other computer.
You can access your stock sets in Moviestorm by clicking new movie/moviestorm then select the 'my sets' tab at the bottom left hand of the screen.

Hope this helps!
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#4 bchtchr6

bchtchr6

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. smile.gif