• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5383 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

There was very sad news today for a lot of us old Stormers and others in the Machinima/Virtual Cinema world, with the sudden death of Hugh Hancock who, along with Johnnie Ingram wrote the "Dummies Guide to Machinima". He was instrumental in getting so many of us involved in this area and, personally speaking that has had a very noticeable influence in my life. He was a creative powerhouse and, like so many, left us far too early.

RIP Hugh and thanks for all the fun.

Here is the thread where the book's release was first mentioned:- http://www.moviestor...=+hugh +hancock

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

Very sad news indeed.

I had never the pleasure to meet Hugh, but his guide for dummies was where I heard about Moviestorm for the first time and, despite the time since it was published, it's still a very interesting reading for every machinima buff.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

Truly sad.  Took me by shock when I saw Chantal's post.

A great loss for our community.

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#4 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

Oh my gosh :( It's been anywhere between 12-18 months I estimate since I last logged in here, and today I see something I definitely wasn't prepared for at all ... we've had both Hugh & Lucinda 'passing' :( :(

I read parts of 'Machinima for Dummies' and was definitely aware of it's existence (was it Hugh or Johnny [or both] that were part of Short Fuze staff at one point - Johnny I think if memory serves me right), and aware of Hugh as a 'friend of Moviestorm' as it were. So sad to hear of his passing !