• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

This is very very early stages right now and still kind of experimental!

I have created an animation that involves two puppets, the victim and the killer (of course), at this stage there are some things I need to work out, for example this is currently set as a gesture so neither puppets are truly interacting, they are placed in position and operate their gestures on command (one for the killer and one for the victim). I have no idea how Moviestorm do the two puppet interactions but it is something I want to investigate to see how complex it really is to do such thing.

An issue I have come across which I should have realised would happen is that when the victims animation is triggered he jaults forward a little, this is caused by me having to position him in my animation program as I worked with two skeletons at once to make sure things worked and looked fine. So what I need to do is position the victim back to the default position to fix that, unless someone knows another way around it?

View the Video demo of this experiment.

Anyway, this is going to take a little time to work on but I will keep you guys posted wink.gif

#2 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Here are some screenshots:

#3 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

How will users know where to place puppets...is it a case of scrubbing back and forth on timeline and shuffling, or will there be some sort of 'x marks the spot' type mat thingy?

#4 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

At this point in time I`m not sure, right now it`s a case of common sense and visualising how it should look.

This is why I would like to know how moviestorm do their character interactions because that way the puppets should then put themselves in the correct position.

#5 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ok, big update guys, the animation is now Mutual, meaning two puppets interact together now in one click.

Very exciting stuff this, it means I am now able to achieve all kinds of Mutual animations!

Check out my video blog which includes a video of the updated (now includes the actual death) animation on a movie set!

#6 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Wow, kv! Great news! The animations look wonderful. I can't wait for more screenies. smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#7 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Great achievement, well done KV!

#8 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

I am so impressed!
This is the real stuff of modding!
Well done sir!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Highest regards,
C

#9 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

Before I continue I`m gonna clean up the victims death for this one, I have a few ideas which I plan to play with. Now how many ways can someone kill with their bare hands? happy.gif

#10 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (kv @ May 11 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before I continue I`m gonna clean up the victims death for this one,

I've watched enough CSI and Bones episodes to know you're gonna need a lot of bleach.smile.gif

You can then hide any remaining blood splatter by spraying potato starch over EVERYTHING!

Just in case you missed something. wink.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#11 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (corthew @ May 12 2011, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've watched enough CSI and Bones episodes to know you're gonna need a lot of bleach.smile.gif

You can then hide any remaining blood splatter by spraying potato starch over EVERYTHING!

Just in case you missed something. wink.gif

Yah but how is that supposes to work in MS, I- mean lets face it Moviestorm IS the Matrix! all you need is a magnet to the hard drive Or "Format C:" and all the blood is Gone Bye bye! But I suppose theirs no need to be that thorough Just deleting the movie save or blood addon would be enough to clean up the mess!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#12 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Am I missing something? I didn`t realise breaking someones kneck would actually make so much mess? laugh.gif

I`m keen to get some more animations done, just got a little side project to do first though, then we`ll see how nasty Moviestorm puppets can really be, heh they will likely need a mop and lots of bleach ph34r.gif

#13 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Nooooo! Knitting, kitten stroking, a nice bit of gardening next, think of those poor puppets smile.gif

#14 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Meh, kill `em all I say, lets have some maniacs to balance out all those nice things in moviestorm world lol

Actually straying waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off subject, I wonder if I can somehow get puppets to hold hands while walking? Hmmmmmmmm *smoke bellows out of ears*

#15 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

So romantic..and their heads stay on their shoulders?

#16 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

I have got to see if I can get holding hands to work first lol, gotta crawl before we can run you see.

There is a possibility it may not work since it is expecting two puppets to walk at the same time as actually holding onto each other, moviestorm may not like it, I`ll try it though.

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

Handshaking would be useful too.

Although I guess the actor could always have a tiny hidden poison syringe in a ring in his hand at the time and kill the other guy at the same time if that makes it more do-able wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#18 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

as long as your off topick you shuold try mainking some funky high fives you know where you start with the hi-five and then end with something funky like a low five, but slap, fist connect , finger wiggle, exploded (fist's connects and then to full open palm Like an explosion), or Peace Out with a head twist! you know the secret hand shake (variations) buddy's do.

ok that's my idea you can take it if you want. shutting up now!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#19 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

Holding hands while walking - as long as you make the walking animations as well as the holding hands ones, then it should work.
If, however, you hope to use the normal Moviestorm walks, then you are unlikly to have any success.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#20 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

If you wanted to make an over the top type killing animation, say for a b-movie type horro thing, what about where the killer plunges his hand into the victims chest and pulls out the heart?

Or, the killer goes to shake hands and while the two hands are connected, the killers other hand shoves a knife into the victim. Super duper horro/slasher film stuff there.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.