20 replies to this topic

#1 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Video above:

More works in progress on lowPoly Crowd Sitting animated Prop_characters along with some extra dance routine animations.

Note: The Dance Routines, as gestures on the man/woman, were played at faster speeds to keep up with the music.

About 50 different textures key-framed changes on 1 of the sitting prop_characters throw out the video above.

More works in progress here and over at my Patreon page.

Just in-case you missed the Pigeon in the video above:

Pigeont92.gif

#2 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

It is a great work ¿ and sat the man with the crossed legs, might you do it?

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#3 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

It is a great work ¿ and sat the man with the crossed legs, might you do it?

Thanks.

MovieStorm characters (MovieStorm_character) can already sit on the floor legs crossed.

A animated LowPoly 'Prop_character', sitting crossed legs with idle animations?

#4 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Gracias.

Personajes Moviestorm (MovieStorm_character) ya pueden sentarse en las piernas cruzadas piso.

Un lowpoly 'Prop_character' animado, sentado con las piernas cruzadas animaciones ociosas?

I want to say, a man sat in an armchair with the crossed legs,

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

Just put a navmesh at seat level like this:-

Attached Files

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#6 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Just put a navmesh at seat level like this:-

I think what he wants is a sitting character with one foot on the floor and the other leg crossed over at the knee, a standard sitting position. I would certainly use that.

sitting%20wrong.png

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff

#7 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

And here's the informal variant which would also be great:

Corbis-42-24011864.jpg?size=67&uid=aae8e

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

I think what he wants is a sitting character with one foot on the floor and the other leg crossed over at the knee, a standard sitting position. I would certainly use that.

Yeah I thought that as soon as I posted ;)

#9 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Creo que lo que quiere es un personaje sentado con un pie en el suelo y la otra pierna cruzada sobre la rodilla, una posición sentada estándar. Sin duda el uso que.

sitting%20wrong.png

Thanks! That is :D

#10 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Something like this?  https://www.dropbox....ossed.webm?dl=0

EDIT: now uploaded to https://drive.google...d09LTGZFWkRSQXM

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#11 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

The new animations (sitting with the legs crossed, for both female and male characters) are now included in my Animations volume 1, available from any of these links (Google Drive is behaving erratically lately): 

https://drive.google...bVpidWxHRHdwS2M

https://www.dropbox....170117.zip?dl=0

They are postures and are availables once the puppet is sitting, only on a chair as of current, ie, not available for sofas or high stools, etc

Please refer to the main thread for the addon at http://www.moviestor...showtopic=15905

NOTE: as of 2017/01/25 all my publicly shared contents will be available from the folder at https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5364 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for this Jamoram. I can think of quite a few new animations that would be great to have.... if you ever get bored ;)

#13 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

Hello and Thanks for all your work JAM...

Brian

#14 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

My pleasure.

Bored? Just kidding, ain't you?  Nevertheless, suggestions are always welcome.

#15 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

It's a great job, Jamoram!!  :)

#16 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5364 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

One quick one I'd love to see is based on the "Point At" gesture, but without the index finger extended.
I use that gesture to fake all sorts of actions using hidden prims, but it would be so much easier if you didn't have to find ways to hide the index finger ;)

#17 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

One quick one I'd love to see is based on the "Point At" gesture, but without the index finger extended.
I use that gesture to fake all sorts of actions using hidden prims, but it would be so much easier if you didn't have to find ways to hide the index finger ;)

Hm... Agreed 100%. It does really annoy me most of the time. Guess this is not your ordinary animation, but a very particular case. Now this is a very interesting thing to work on. I'll try to figure out how it actually works.

#18 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Hm... Agreed 100%. It does really annoy me most of the time. Guess this is not your ordinary animation, but a very particular case. Now this is a very interesting thing to work on. I'll try to figure out how it actually works.

It doesn't look good... I've created a very simple movie, with just a character and an object (a chair), and only one action in the timeline ("point at chair").

This only action is described in the schedule section of the movie description file (movie.mscope) as follows:

<mscope.things.activities.PointAt>
          <hand>RIGHT</hand>
          <target class="mscope.things.Seat" reference="../../../../../cast/character/parent/children/mscope.things.Seat"/>
          <startTime>0.0</startTime>
          <duration>0.5</duration>
          <subject class="character" reference="../../../../../cast/character"/>
          <isValid>true</isValid>
        </mscope.things.activities.PointAt>

So it looks like the pointing action is implemented as an "ad hoc" class (mscope.things.activities.PointAt) in the Moviestorm application code.

Furthermore, there is no hint of a "finger", "point at" or something like that in the Core or Base01 component packs.

My guess this is a "hardcoded" feature in the application and customizing this gesture won't be an easy task.

Ben, where are you?  Please enlighten us!

#19 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

Why does it have to be associated with the existing animation. Can't you just create a new one for the puppets in a sitting position moving their hand with the index finger closed in the same way the rest of the fingers are in the PointAt animation. Then it could be used to simulate moving an object with a prim without the awkward pointer finger.

BTW - great job on the skeleton postures Jamoran62 (can I call you Jam for short?) I had that on my bucket list to do at some point. Sorry about that Prima. I could of at least created a standing one to fake a close-up against a raised table or something. 

#20 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

BTW - great job on the skeleton postures Jamoran62 (can I call you Jam for short?) I had that on my bucket list to do at some point. Sorry about that Prima. I could of at least created a standing one to fake a close-up against a raised table or something. 

Thank you for the compliments, though, as you do know now well, it turned out to be a big big flop in its first incarnation. Hope it's got finally fixed; I've checked it with a couple of the poses but by now my self-confidence has gone South.

Yeah, no objection to the short form, be it Jam (especially early in the morning before breakfast), or JA, if you like best.

Regarding the pointing-at animation... I haven't made much progress. I've been unable to find any reference to the animation or other asset possibly related; also, the mscope.things.activities.PointAt class, I'm afraid, is defined in one of the encrypted .sjar libraries (the DRM stuff, you know), so not a single chance to try to take a look at its bytecode.

Why does it have to be associated with the existing animation. Can't you just create a new one for the puppets in a sitting position moving their hand with the index finger closed in the same way the rest of the fingers are in the PointAt animation. Then it could be used to simulate moving an object with a prim without the awkward pointer finger.

Creating a gesture with a final pose like that is no problem at all. What is impossible, AFAIK, is making the character to point at a specific target (or a specific bone) regardless of the relative position between puppet and target. Such a thing would be possible if some sort of scripting would be available to the modder for dynamically driving one or more of the bones in the subject's skeleton (an Inverse Kinematic approach would be more suitable in this case), but if such a thing exists in Moviestorm, it's something I'm not aware of.