• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

This forum will be used for posting official news about Moviestorm.

Posting in this forum is restricted to employees of Short Fuze or Moviestorm Limited. You may reply to posts.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#2 fast_editor2001

fast_editor2001

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi,

I've got to wait until May 1st before I can 'Juice up' my pay-pal account so as I can pay for another (at least) 1 year membership & continue using 'MovieStorm' smile.gif. But I was wondering 3 things:

1. I want to use M.S. to conceptualize 'Magic Illusion Concepts'(i.e.: see how it would look on a specific stage with a specific say… 'Box Design'. How would I create such unique designs?

2. Can I subscribe to MovieStorm for more then 12 months?

3. I'm using a MacPro (4,1) 2X2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16GB MHz DDR3 RAM
& a 'nvidia quadro 4000 for mac'. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Hope to hear from someone soon smile.gif … Thanks…

Peace…

- Thomas

Click to email me directly!

#3 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (fast_editor2001 @ Apr 12 2011, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I've got to wait until May 1st before I can 'Juice up' my pay-pal account so as I can pay for another (at least) 1 year membership & continue using 'MovieStorm' smile.gif. But I was wondering 3 things:

1. I want to use M.S. to conceptualize 'Magic Illusion Concepts'(i.e.: see how it would look on a specific stage with a specific say… 'Box Design'. How would I create such unique designs?

2. Can I subscribe to MovieStorm for more then 12 months?

3. I'm using a MacPro (4,1) 2X2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16GB MHz DDR3 RAM
& a 'nvidia quadro 4000 for mac'. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Hope to hear from someone soon smile.gif … Thanks…

Peace…

- Thomas

Click to email me directly!

1) If you're asking how to create your own props, see the Modding forum. Modding is where people "Model" their own props, costumes, and more recently, animations to use in their own Movies.

2) If you want to buy Moviestorm completely, instead of subscribing, either get the "complete" package, and choose "Buy"

3) Wouldn't have a clue mate. I'm running a nVidia graphics card, and it works fine. There was an issue a while back, but it was fixed.
Hope this is helpful,
Charlie

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#4 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

Interesting use of Moviestorm smile.gif I'm a magician, myself (just a hobbyist slight of hand guy but I do have some experience in the full scale illusion department), so it sounds like a neat idea.

If you're just talking about getting a rough idea of how it's going to look with a magician and assistants moving around a box, that won't be a problem. You can create a basic prop for any illusion using Google Sketchup (which is free and RELATIVELY easy to learn). You can then import that into Moviestorm through the modders workshop which is really pretty easy thanks to some helpful tutorials.

The problem you'll hit is in two areas: 1) the animations for your puppets are going to be very limiting, so your not going to get much in the way of a character trying to "fight" her way out of a cage or anything like that. And 2) your not going to be able to animate the props much beyond basic movement on the stage. So for example, the box can be made to move left, but your not going to be able to separate pieces of a mismade woman or pull a sheet off your crystal casket. Those are going to static props in that sense.

The one caveat is that modders are getting good at doing everything you would need, such as creating new animations and even creating animated props. But if you were to try and learn it simply for illusion show previz, I really don't think it would be worth it (that stuff is complicated).