• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Killian

Killian

Director

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

Some of you may remember me from Eldritch; some others may remember me from TMU.

Back after a loooooooong hiatus, making movies again, wanted to drop in and see if the forums were working again (they crapped out a while back and wouldn't let me post so presume they've been down and out for a while, and today the banners and logos reappeared so I tried posting again and voila!  It appears to be working again...)

So, any of you still at the long, hard yet ultimately rewarding task of making movies? :huh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

#2 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

Hi Killian, 

People may start returning once they know the functionality has returned. 

You were correct in your Lounge post in your speculation that the ability to post new comments has been off-line for some time.

#3 leandrugo

leandrugo

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

Hello! I'm currently working on a project together with training on modding :)

#4 gtalar

gtalar

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:09 PM

Hi guys,

Shocked that this forum is back running. Been wanting to get back into using Moviestorm, unfortunately Moviestorm doesn't work on MacOS Mojave. Maybe one day.  

#5 Killian

Killian

Director

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:32 PM

The way things are going, very soon the forums will be buried under a wall of spam; it started slowly, but it rapidly accelerating (the Education forum is pretty much a write off at this point, and the Help forum is starting to go the same way).

As it appears none of the moderators are still active (reported loads since the forums came back up, but no action at all, so am forced to conclude the forums coming back up was an unintended side-effect of whatever they're doing to the site to promote the new VR app), there's probably going to be no good way that this will end.  PMs to the forum mods don't work either as their PM boxes are turned off, so there's no way to get the message through that there is still life here, but it's being drowned in crap.  Not that it appears the powers that be care at all about their former product or it's users anymore, anyway.

For those who did sign up when it was still active, TMUnderground is still around and has some life (though not as much as it used to), so you can always drop in there to discuss movies and all such wonderful stuff; I'd love to have someone else to talk to other than the usual suspects over there :)

Sadly, forum signup died a death when the site wound down it's more active phase a few years back, but it's still got life (and, more importantly, no spammers!), although the movie site side is now no longer working as well as it was (it won't allow uploads any more, but then the MS site doesn't either and I think most of us now host our stuff elsewhere, anyway).

So, if you're a former member, drop by!  If you can't remember your password, drop me a PM and I can reset it for you (I think the reset password functionality has gone whappy over there, too!)

Those who aren't, there are still various useful and interesting things to check out; the movies site still has over 10k movies on it from various engines, and there are a fair few decent ones on there.  And the forums still contain some interesting, helpful and amusing topics that might at least answer some questions or give you ideas, so don't despair that all life has fled from MS in particular and 3d animated movie making in general.... it's still out there!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

#6 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:44 PM

Dropping by, hoping for a rebirth of MS. Nice to see some familiar faces :)

#7 NicholasEric

NicholasEric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:14 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for coming back again. I always wait for something new. What kind of movies are you going to make right now?

Love to watch movies online? Take a look at this one look movie.