• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5155 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

I created a set including some sand dunes. When I opened it today I got the message "This movie requires additional content packs". It refers to MiamiBeachFront by ShortFuze which I notice in the Settings box is now disabled and marked as "Preview". I didn't disable it and can't enable it.
When I choose "try to load" it opens fine.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, but I am again getting the message saying MS crashed or is still running, about every second time I open it.
Release 30440.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#2 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Feb 25 2014, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I created a set including some sand dunes. When I opened it today I got the message "This movie requires additional content packs". It refers to MiamiBeachFront by ShortFuze which I notice in the Settings box is now disabled and marked as "Preview". I didn't disable it and can't enable it.
When I choose "try to load" it opens fine.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, but I am again getting the message saying MS crashed or is still running, about every second time I open it.
Release 30440.

Ah yes, the same thing happening to me blink.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Preview is the status that should be shown when an addon is not installed.
Can I suggest trying uninstalling MiamiBeachfront in the launcher, and letting it reinstall?
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5155 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

The only option I have if I go to "Get more content" is to "Buy" Miami Beachfront. I can't uninstall it.
But I thought I had every addon there was and if I didn't have this one then how did I manage to add the sand dune into the original clip?
Could it be that the sand dune belongs to Photostorm_Miami which I definitely have but is somehow being confused with one in the later Miami Beachfront addon during the checking process? When the movie is opened the sand dunes are there and when I check they are from the Photostorm addon.
I am loathe to uninstall the Photostorm addon in case I can't reinstall it.

#5 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Right - it looks like you do not have MiamiBeachfront in your list of content packs Primavaranz, which is why it is not showing up with any option other than 'buy'.
The sand dunes are in both Photostorm-Miami and MiamiBeachfront; there is a lot of content that is identical between the two packs. When the analysis is trying to work out what packs things are from, it is finding the objects that are in both packs, and listing them as being in MiamiBeachfront (rather than the Photostorm pack).
Then when you try to load the movie, it is throwing up the warning because you dont have MiamiBeachfront.

Edit - I've added something so that when files are in multiple addons, it will find them in the ones you have active rather than finding them in the ones you have disabled.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5155 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Mar 4 2014, 1:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit - I've added something so that when files are in multiple addons, it will find them in the ones you have active rather than finding them in the ones you have disabled.

I have updated to 1.6.3 but still get the same message. Obviously it is not a showstopper because it still opens the movie but it could be a bit confusing for newcomers - although I guess it is unlikely they would have Photostorm packs wink.gif

#7 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Mar 4 2014, 4:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have updated to 1.6.3 but still get the same message. Obviously it is not a showstopper because it still opens the movie but it could be a bit confusing for newcomers - although I guess it is unlikely they would have Photostorm packs wink.gif

And if you save your movie again, and load it again, does it go away? When you save the movie, it tries to calculate which packs your movie uses. That calculation should work better in 1.6.3, but on an already saved movie, it was already done when it was saved.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5155 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Mar 5 2014, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if you save your movie again, and load it again, does it go away?

Yes it does. Thanks Ben. wink.gif

#9 Marksmith01

Marksmith01

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

I appreciate your all information well done and keep posting.