#1 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

Project: The Last Praetorian

Author: Mike Smith

I have started to work on a new project called The Last Praetorian. It is a scifi trilogy that I find very suitable for moviestorm. The chapters, if made into Moviestorm movies would run about 20 minutes each.

There are many elements to this story that I like. The most difficult part of this project will be to find enough voices to avoid recirculating the same old ones, specially mine. 

I posted an audition at a voice acting voice website and to my surprise I got three ladies to reply?? If there is anyone here on the moviestorm community that is interested in doing any kind of voices, please

send me a private message. I will need all the voices I can get eventually. I don't care what accent, gender, age etc.. I will need them all....

Below is an excerpt from the Book posting on Amazon....

Commander Jonathan Radec is a man desperately trying to escape from the mistakes of his past.

Now the owner of Vanguard Shipping, his primary concerns are trying to keep his ships flying and his crew alive. However, the shadowy Syndicate organisation has set their sights on the Commander and his business, having sent a beautiful assassin to kill him. To make matters worse, she’s become the target of his infatuation, much to the dismay of his ex-girlfriend. Recently elevated to President of the Confederation, she’s still very much in love with him and capable of making his life a living hell.

Surrounded by a galaxy beginning to tear itself apart, with enemies on all sides, he’s now also unwillingly tasked with trying to save the Confederation – for which he has little regard. Jon has little going in his favour, except a crew consisting of the elite of the old Imperial Navy, all of whom would fight to the death for him, and a past that possibly makes him one of the most dangerous men alive.

The Last Praetorian is a Science Fiction adventure/romance, which tries to answer the question: “Can you ever find redemption for the mistakes of your past?”

Attached Files

#2 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:07 AM

Great stuff, and good luck

#3 YoungSmithy

YoungSmithy

Director

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:19 AM

SCI-FI!!!!  looking forward to it

--------------
Sound Engineer/Producer

#4 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

SCI-FI!!!!  looking forward to it

Cool,

If you want to be in it, send me a pvt msg. I'll need many voices to do this. 

#5 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am sorry to announce that I am no longer making this movie. The author contacted me and asked me not to make the movie about his book(s). I am disappointed by

his decision but I understand where he is coming from. I could see myself making a decision similar to his. 

He has a large fan base. Some of his fans got word of this movie and were pestering him with questions and comments. He considered ignoring the project and letting me create

whatever I wanted but upon careful consideration he decided against it.This author is fairly young, the story is his baby and he is in a position to eventually sell it and/or develop it into something bigger. 

I put considerable work into the movie but I think that some of this work could be used for other Scifi projects. I will be looking around for another project to make. 

There were many people in this community that approached me and expressed a desire to help and others were people that I asked to help and said yes. Thank you to all of you!

I am not even sure if this had ever happened before in this community but if it hadn't there is always a first time. Cheers!

Time to move on...

#6 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

Sad one Pedro because it would have been a classic and many of us were looking forward to seeing the final cut. I hope, in fact I'm in no doubt, that you can utilise what you have done so far and convert it into other smaller projects.

#7 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Sad one Pedro because it would have been a classic and many of us were looking forward to seeing the final cut. I hope, in fact I'm in no doubt, that you can utilise what you have done so far and convert it into other smaller projects.

Yes, definitely I will. I think this was going to be really good. I will publish a "Trailer To Nowhere" for this movie. My way of dumping somewhere all this work.

There will be other projects..