8 replies to this topic

#1 adproductions

adproductions

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hello,

Back when I first downloaded Moviestorm I watched a video where the character was typing on his computer and you could see the words being typed on his screen. Is it possible to do that now? I tried with the computers available in stock to no avail, they only allow you to play videos.

I would appreciate any input.

Ann Depres

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

I'm sure that even back then the words appearing on the screen would have been shown in a previously created video. There has never been any "interactive" computer prop as far as I know. So the current computers (possibly with Chris Ollis'  mod here ) would be the way to go.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Have you seen this work around?

http://www.moviestor...omputer +screen

#4 adproductions

adproductions

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure that even back then the words appearing on the screen would have been shown in a previously created video. There has never been any "interactive" computer prop as far as I know. So the current computers (possibly with Chris Ollis'  mod here ) would be the way to go.

Thank you, Primaveranz, for your response. I did find the link you provided earlier today after some extensive poking around. I will purchase this and it should suffice.

Ann Depres

#5 adproductions

adproductions

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Have you seen this work around?

http://www.moviestor...omputer +screen

Thank you, Brian, for the care you have taken in answering my question. I was blown away at how much time and thought you must have put into it. I signed up for Moviestorm a few years ago, but just in the last week got serious about making book trailers and finally getting my two animation series up and going. One series is about cyber dating, so this will definitely help me as the series progresses!

Ann Depres

#6 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

Your Welcome adproductions...

I'm pretty new here myself. I have iClone 6 Pro and Muvizu+ but prefer Moviestorm. It's a great neighborhood with lots of help. Look forward to seeing your Projects.

Brian 

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Your Welcome adproductions...

I'm pretty new here myself. I have iClone 6 Pro and Muvizu+ but prefer Moviestorm. It's a great neighborhood with lots of help. Look forward to seeing your Projects.

Brian 

Hi, Brian.

A bit off-topic: there're some other threads in the forums about the "Moviestorm vs iClone comparison" topic, but they're quite dated, I think. Besides the insanely high prices of iClone plus the addons and content packs you need to pay for to get anything interesting made, is there other reasons for preferring Moviestorm to iClone? Just your personal opinion. Thank you.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#8 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Hi jamoram62...
Your right about the prices. Its much more to be able to do the same thing in iClone as with Moviestorm. It can be an extra $100 to $200 just to be able to import your own made props. Money aside Moviestorm is allot more intuitive I feel. Meaning user friendly and logical.

When I compared iClone 6 Pro and Moviestorm 1.7 I created the same simple scene. A single room, 1 door, 1 window, floor carpet, 1 chair, 1 side table with flower on it. Then 2 characters. Male was sitting in chair then Female opens door, enters, closes door. Asks for money he owes her. He says I'll never pay you buzz off. She pulls out gun and shoots him in the head. turns, opens door and exits, closes door. End of scene. 

I did that with Moviestorm in 18 minutes. It took over an hour with iClone. I used same audio files and texture files in both. As you know when you put 2 characters and lets say 1 car and a few props in a scene and right click on a character almost all interactions are there. Not so with iClone. It's just to Convoluted. I think the graphics (Hair Moves, Clothes Move, ect) are a little better. The lip sync is a little better but not by much. Over all I enjoy Moviestorm more because I can be more creative and productive in less time and have a great looking project. My hope is that the Moviestorm Gods will update it towards those things for us if we in the neighborhood PUSH them nicely.  

Brian   

#9 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hi jamoram62...
Your right about the prices. Its much more to be able to do the same thing in iClone as with Moviestorm. It can be an extra $100 to $200 just to be able to import your own made props. Money aside Moviestorm is allot more intuitive I feel. Meaning user friendly and logical.

When I compared iClone 6 Pro and Moviestorm 1.7 I created the same simple scene. A single room, 1 door, 1 window, floor carpet, 1 chair, 1 side table with flower on it. Then 2 characters. Male was sitting in chair then Female opens door, enters, closes door. Asks for money he owes her. He says I'll never pay you buzz off. She pulls out gun and shoots him in the head. turns, opens door and exits, closes door. End of scene. 

I did that with Moviestorm in 18 minutes. It took over an hour with iClone. I used same audio files and texture files in both. As you know when you put 2 characters and lets say 1 car and a few props in a scene and right click on a character almost all interactions are there. Not so with iClone. It's just to Convoluted. I think the graphics (Hair Moves, Clothes Move, ect) are a little better. The lip sync is a little better but not by much. Over all I enjoy Moviestorm more because I can be more creative and productive in less time and have a great looking project. My hope is that the Moviestorm Gods will update it towards those things for us if we in the neighborhood PUSH them nicely.  

Brian   

Greetings Brian,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with iClone 6.  I greatly appreciate your personal opinion on the subject, having used both applications. Some time ago I played around with the trial version of iClone 5, and it seemed a quite flexible and powerful animation tool, but a bit confusing; furthermore the fact that the basic program comes with almost no content at all let me down.

On the other hand, Moviestorm makes making movies a really straightforward and funny process. In fact, the only thing I'm concerned about is its future development and support. In its current state, it has some annoying shortcomings that can impose strict limitations to the creative process, though most of the time I can live with them (you know, a good part of the fun is figuring out how to get things done), but I'd love to have some hope of them being fixed even partially sometime in the future. Well, this is not an issue specific to Moviestorm, but it's MS what we're talking about now.

Ok, now I'll quit abusing this thread with my off-topic disgression.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM