• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BillLitteral

BillLitteral

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hello. I am a long-time lurker, but this is my first post.

I recently had to reinstall Moviestorm due to some computer issues and lost all the mods I'd downloaded from machinimods, which is apparently now defunct. I was especially upset about losing KV's Stairs, but there were quite a few others as well. Does anyone know of any place other than machinimods.com that I might be able to get any of those mods again? I have had no luck with search engines - every link and alternative only leads me to a website that is no longer online. I know that KV sometimes posts links to new addons via his dropbox, but is there any way to find some of the older ones?

#2 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (BillLitteral @ Aug 10 2014, 4:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello. I am a long-time lurker, but this is my first post.

I recently had to reinstall Moviestorm due to some computer issues and lost all the mods I'd downloaded from machinimods, which is apparently now defunct. I was especially upset about losing KV's Stairs, but there were quite a few others as well. Does anyone know of any place other than machinimods.com that I might be able to get any of those mods again? I have had no luck with search engines - every link and alternative only leads me to a website that is no longer online. I know that KV sometimes posts links to new addons via his dropbox, but is there any way to find some of the older ones?

Hey, I feel your pain. I am fairly new to MS and what hapenned to me is that I would read about all these mods and then tried the link and it was broken. It is really a weakness of this product and website not to host 3rd party mods. For example, it would be better that MS would cease hosting movies and use that resource to host mods. We can always post movies on YT or Vimeo and provide links.
Good luck, I have not been able to find a single kv mod. All the links were broken. I am not sure if he does any MS anymore unfortunately.. Good luck.

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5343 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (pedrosura @ Aug 11 2014, 8:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure if he does any MS anymore unfortunately.. Good luck.

Well he last logged in 6 days ago. Why don't you PM him and ask?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Aug 11 2014, 4:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well he last logged in 6 days ago. Why don't you PM him and ask?

I did but never got a reply. And I really dont feel like bothering someone if they dont respond. People sometimes get busy in their lives...

#5 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

For the time being how about you post in the topic of the mod with the missing link? I have a collection of mods (though I don't have them all by all means), and would be willing to share. I assume that it's okay to upload free mods of others that were shared publicly? unsure.gif

#6 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Aug 12 2014, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the time being how about you post in the topic of the mod with the missing link? I have a collection of mods (though I don't have them all by all means), and would be willing to share. I assume that it's okay to upload free mods of others that were shared publicly? unsure.gif

Ok, I will do that. I was hoping to get KVs mods stairs, platforms and gestures. From DL watson the scifi corridor and cave. I talked to DLWatson and he said he would uodate them again. I'll go ahead and post in the topic of the missing mod. Thank you for the suggestion..
Pedro

#7 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (pedrosura @ Aug 13 2014, 3:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I will do that. I was hoping to get KVs mods stairs, platforms and gestures. From DL watson the scifi corridor and cave. I talked to DLWatson and he said he would uodate them again. I'll go ahead and post in the topic of the missing mod. Thank you for the suggestion..
Pedro

Hi Pedro

Just opened a new site with orphaned free addons. I will add the stairs too.
Enjoy.
Creating situations and learning to see.

#8 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Awesome!! Thanks for putting this together. smile.gif