• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

The Modders Workshop is still in Beta, but licences to use it are available on request:

To obtain a publishers licence, you will need a Moviestorm Subscription.
Once you have a subscription, please send a private message to Ben_S or Chris Ollis with the following details:

Publisher Name (the login for your licence - you may choose it the same as your username, if you want)
Optional Password (one will be randomly generated by our system if you dont specify one)

You will have to wait for them to respond with your Publisher's Password. In the meantime, here is a suggestion which won't tide you over but will help further along the line.

Our wiki page on the Modders Workshop contains some important information about getting started, including two download links that can help you use the Modders Workshop.

Edit: Updated for 1.2
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#2 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Although I appreciate the fantastic Chris Ollis' link to my original Modshop Guide, I'd honestly not suggest that anyone new to modding Moviestorm actually use it. For one, it got all mushed up in the move from the old website and is now practically unreadable. And two, it's so out of date that almost none of it applies, including the link at the top of the page to the newer version at the wiki (which is also all mushed up at the moment).

#3 Stormscape

Stormscape

Master Director

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I'd like some clarification, if that's okay.

Does the e-mail address need to match the one associated with our existing Moviestorm account?

By Address, does that mean street address? And to what extent? And what the heck is a "Postcode"?

What exactly is the Publisher's Name? Is that our alias, our "company" name, or just our name?

#4 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Stormscape)
I'd like some clarification, if that's okay.

Does the e-mail address need to match the one associated with our existing Moviestorm account?

As Chris wrote, unless you stipulate a different one, they will link the license to your currently registered email address.

what the heck is a "Postcode"?

In the US, we call it a ZIP code.

What exactly is the Publisher's Name? Is that our alias, our "company" name, or just our name?

It's how you would want to be identified as a creator if your mods were available in a catalog of some sort, say a Modder's Marketplace.

David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#5 radstorm

radstorm

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

Sometime back I got a license for the modder workshop. It has been maybe 2 years ago. I don't even remember the log in info now. Should I re-apply for a new license?

Update: After digging around old emails..I found the old license and moviestorm wont accept it anyways. So I guess time to re-apply smile.gif
* This World Belongs To You *

#6 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (radstorm @ Nov 2 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometime back I got a license for the modder workshop. It has been maybe 2 years ago. I don't even remember the log in info now. Should I re-apply for a new license?

Update: After digging around old emails..I found the old license and moviestorm wont accept it anyways. So I guess time to re-apply smile.gif

I haven't heard that Moviestorm deletes IDs that haven't been logged into (though I suppose they might)... If you haven't, I'd suggest you make REAL sure that you aren't misspelling something... maybe a cap letter for a small, zero (0) for an Oh (O) or something like that?
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#7 radstorm

radstorm

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

Now a new problem. Moviestorm wont accept my new publisher license. The email they sent me also had outdated instructions sad.gif

#8 radstorm

radstorm

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

Update: I uninstalled MovieStorm, and then reinstalled it.

That got the license to work..yayyy smile.gif

If anyone else has that problem, that seems to be the solution. Make sure too, you regedit and delete any moviestorm info in the registry too of previous install. Of course don't try that if you are not sure of how to do it..cheers

#9 tripmills

tripmills

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'm having issues with my publishers license too since installing 1.2.

I tried the trick of deleting my license file and letting it regenerate, but that didn't work.

I guess I'll try the uninstall/reinstall dealie

Edit:
ignore...I just found out that you need to have an active subscription in order to use any mods...my own included. drat sad.gif
How come the future has to take such a long, long time?

#10 alcres15

alcres15

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Sep 14 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Modders Workshop is still in Beta, but licences to use it are available on request:

To obtain a publishers licence, you will need a Moviestorm Subscription.
Once you have a subscription, please send a private message to Ben_S or Chris Ollis with the following details:

Publisher Name (the login for your licence - you may choose it the same as your username, if you want)
Optional Password (one will be randomly generated by our system if you dont specify one)

You will have to wait for them to respond with your Publisher's Password. In the meantime, here is a suggestion which won't tide you over but will help further along the line.

Our wiki page on the Modders Workshop contains some important information about getting started, including two download links that can help you use the Modders Workshop.

Edit: Updated for 1.2

Do I have to include my name too? the instructions on the moviestorm wiki said so

#11 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (alcres15 @ Dec 21 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I have to include my name too? the instructions on the moviestorm wiki said so

I didnĀ“t

#12 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

I had my mod license password saved in a document on my old HD, which I have now lost, can my password be resent to me, or do I have to reapply?

forumsig.png

#13 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (andy_price @ May 11 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had my mod license password saved in a document on my old HD, which I have now lost, can my password be resent to me, or do I have to reapply?

We could delete your modders licence and create a new one (possibly with the same publisher name), or you could see if you have the email that would have initially been sent (probably to your hotmail address, on the 15th april last year).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#14 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the reply, I dont have emails dateing back that far saved, so if you could set me up a new licence that would be great, if you cant use the same publisher name thats ok, perhapsyou could use zordork4 as the new publisher name

forumsig.png

#15 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (andy_price @ May 12 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply, I dont have emails dateing back that far saved, so if you could set me up a new licence that would be great, if you cant use the same publisher name thats ok, perhapsyou could use zordork4 as the new publisher name

Ok, I have deleted your old publisher licence, and create you a new one - you should get an email with the details.
You will need to go to the modders workshop, and from the Help menu select 'Refresh Licence' and then restart the modders workshop (while online) before you can use the new login details.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#16 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Thankyou for getting this sorted so promptly for me smile.gif

forumsig.png

#17 hellopiccadilly

hellopiccadilly

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

So, how to get it?
I've sent message.
Still waiting for reply.

#18 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (hellopiccadilly @ Jan 17 2013, 7:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, how to get it?
I've sent message.
Still waiting for reply.

You did fine, but it is faster when I don't have a horrible cold.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd