35 replies to this topic

#21 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ May 13 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holding hands while walking - as long as you make the walking animations as well as the holding hands ones, then it should work.
If, however, you hope to use the normal Moviestorm walks, then you are unlikly to have any success.

I thought as much, worht the thought though.

QUOTE (Harb40 @ May 13 2011, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wanted to make an over the top type killing animation, say for a b-movie type horro thing, what about where the killer plunges his hand into the victims chest and pulls out the heart?

Or, the killer goes to shake hands and while the two hands are connected, the killers other hand shoves a knife into the victim. Super duper horro/slasher film stuff there.

I like those cheesey ideas, as yet though I have not worked out how to do interactive props so using the knife or pulling out a heart will have to wait.

#22 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (kv @ May 12 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have got to see if I can get holding hands to work first

I really want you to achieve that.smile.gif

If you can just get them to hold hands while standing side by side that would be awesome as well.smile.gif

Possibly a head on a shoulder.
A peck on a cheek.

Little things mean alot.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#23 mng

mng

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:32 AM

I agree with Corthew. Just a standing holding hands will get a lot of mileage. For instance you can start with a close up shot of the hands coming together. Then you can have the right camera shot from distance and with close placement of the actors walking synchronizing to make it seem like they are holding hands while walking. Another one that will get this to appear in a lot of movies is the arm over the shoulder, the head on the shoulder. Again these can just be standing or sitting animations because they say a lot by that one posture and can be used in so many contexts for different movies.

These are for the more advanced and ambitious
I don't know if others have suggested but I would love to see 1) slap on the face 2) pulling of the arm 3) martial arts open fist strike and defense 4) martial arts kicks (combined with blown away and jumps should be the final ingredient necessary to do some awesome martial arts films. And the ultimate is the 5) John Woo films of holding two crossing guns and firing simultaneously. Yep, that with a trench coat and sunglasses would look cool.

QUOTE (corthew @ May 14 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want you to achieve that.smile.gif

If you can just get them to hold hands while standing side by side that would be awesome as well.smile.gif

Possibly a head on a shoulder.
A peck on a cheek.

Little things mean alot.smile.gif

#24 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Well there are already the interactive fighting animations, what if we go like seriously trigger happy with this? Such as Kung Fu moves and all these extreme fist fights you see in movies like the "Karate Kid" and "The Last Airbender" and make those interactive fighting sequences?

#25 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Getting puppets to hold hands shouldn`t be difficult, not sure if it would be an issue yet but when the puppets breath I reckon it may cause puppets hands to move a little and maybe not in synch, we`ll see though.

QUOTE (boxrocks @ May 15 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there are already the interactive fighting animations, what if we go like seriously trigger happy with this? Such as Kung Fu moves and all these extreme fist fights you see in movies like the "Karate Kid" and "The Last Airbender" and make those interactive fighting sequences?

I want to do some fighting moves, that kind of thing though is going to take quite a while to do as I need to study fighting moves, try to recreate an animation of it, work out how they would chain together and then get it into moviestorm with a menu structure that would make sense. We`ll see what happens in the future, for now though we do have the Sword fighting to look forward to from Moviestorm.

#26 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

what about my Idea with the secret hand shakes and all? is it that bad an idea that no one has any thing to say about it?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#27 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ May 17 2011, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about my Idea with the secret hand shakes and all? is it that bad an idea that no one has any thing to say about it?

I can already do a holding hand look, it involves the point animation and tricky camera angles wink.gif

#28 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaarggggggghhh, this is quite frustrating!

I have been tweaking the strangle animation and I made the victims death position look better, however for some reason it has thrown the animation synch out, no idea why! I may just have to do this one right from scratch again if it does not start behaving wacko.gif

@ PapaG, I could see that kind of thing being used in gangster type movies, or in high school shenanigen movies, but it`s not currently something I am aiming for.

#29 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (kv @ May 18 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aaaaaaaaaaarggggggghhh, this is quite frustrating!

I have been tweaking the strangle animation and I made the victims death position look better, however for some reason it has thrown the animation synch out, no idea why! I may just have to do this one right from scratch again if it does not start behaving wacko.gif

If you have to start from scratch again that would suck! but in my experience it some times easier to start from scratch, even though it some times takes longer! None the Less I feel for you! cause I know the frustration!
QUOTE (kv @ May 18 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ PapaG, I could see that kind of thing being used in gangster type movies, or in high school shenanigen movies, but it`s not currently something I am aiming for.

Ok thats ok. I just thought it was a good Idea, and I wanted some one's opinion, so thanks for responding.

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#30 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Any release yet? I need this for a specific scene, or I'll have to improv.

#31 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

No specific ETA as yet, this kind of animation takes a fair amount of work since it is being done manually and not using motion capture, also I have had some side projects to tackle from requests so it has heald me off a little from doing this.

The animation due to the problems I have had will be made from scratch again, hopefully it will go smoother.

#32 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (kv @ May 22 2011, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The animation due to the problems I have had will be made from scratch again, hopefully it will go smoother.

Happens to me all the time. Drives me nuts, but invariably the 'from scratch' version is orders of magnitude better than the first iteration.
Regards,
C

#33 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (kv @ May 22 2011, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No specific ETA as yet, this kind of animation takes a fair amount of work since it is being done manually and not using motion capture, also I have had some side projects to tackle from requests so it has heald me off a little from doing this.

Yeah there are so many uses I can perform with this.

#34 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Ok I am building this animation from the ground up again, I may release the first attempt as the new one looks different as this time I have the killer put his hand over the victims mouth and nose to suffocate him aswell as strangle him.

The original one could still be used but anyone filming with it may not want to focus much on the dead body on the ground because it does look a little odd close up.

#35 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (kv @ May 26 2011, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I am building this animation from the ground up again, I may release the first attempt as the new one looks different as this time I have the killer put his hand over the victims mouth and nose to suffocate him aswell as strangle him.

The original one could still be used but anyone filming with it may not want to focus much on the dead body on the ground because it does look a little odd close up.

Sounds good. Waiting to see an experimental movie.

#36 ojiell

ojiell

Novice director

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

Is this strangle break neck mod still available?