18 replies to this topic

#1 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to put together a hospital set. I see KV has some cool addons as does roguevirus, and there are some doctor and patient costumes. That's all good and I plan to try and make use of those.

I'm working on a very short movie where I need to have two different patients laying down on hospital beds, and I need something that looks like a "life sustaining machine" that can be switched off (it only needs a button looking thingy, it doesn't need to actually "do" anything as I plan to just have a character point at it to indicate "turning it on or off").

This is an example of something I was sort of thinking of, but anything close would work. It's a major plot point that the character hits the button on something like this in one scene.

http://www.medmarket...o...604&photo=1

If anything like this exists already, please let me know. If not, would anyone be willing to try and create one?

Many thanks in advance,

rgr

#2 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Jun 6 2010, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

I'm trying to put together a hospital set. I see KV has some cool addons as does roguevirus, and there are some doctor and patient costumes. That's all good and I plan to try and make use of those.

I'm working on a very short movie where I need to have two different patients laying down on hospital beds, and I need something that looks like a "life sustaining machine" that can be switched off (it only needs a button looking thingy, it doesn't need to actually "do" anything as I plan to just have a character point at it to indicate "turning it on or off").

This is an example of something I was sort of thinking of, but anything close would work. It's a major plot point that the character hits the button on something like this in one scene.

http://www.medmarket...o...604&photo=1

If anything like this exists already, please let me know. If not, would anyone be willing to try and create one?

Many thanks in advance,

rgr

I can build you one if you like, but I would need at least a couple days as I have retired for the evening. smile.gif

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

I have a ton of hospital props which you can see in the trailer for The Man from schenectady. I have even more of them that aren't in that clip.

#4 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 6 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a ton of hospital props which you can see in the trailer for The Man from schenectady. I have even more of them that aren't in that clip.

@Lucinda: "The Man from Schenectady" is awesome! The hospital scene I saw there has most of the elements I'm looking for, but I didn't happen to see the one critical story prop I need. Maybe it's there but not visible though (or maybe you have a prop that would fit that you wound up not using?)

I need to have some prop that allows a character to "pull the plug on a patient" by which I mean just turn off the thingy that is keeping the patient alive. In MS I planned to do this by using a pointing gesture at a button on the thingy. If I knew more about medicine, I would know what to call the thingy; but that picture I linked to would be sufficient to give the indication (I think). Anything that could serve the purpose though would also work.

@DL: I'm not in a time crunch for this at all, so any time in the next few weeks would be great. I'm trying to get two short projects done before July. If Lucinda already has something then I'm all set (no pun intended).

Thanks! You guys are the best biggrin.gif

rgr

#5 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (rgr @ Jun 6 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Lucinda: "The Man from Schenectady" is awesome! The hospital scene I saw there has most of the elements I'm looking for, but I didn't happen to see the one critical story prop I need. Maybe it's there but not visible though (or maybe you have a prop that would fit that you wound up not using?)

I need to have some prop that allows a character to "pull the plug on a patient" by which I mean just turn off the thingy that is keeping the patient alive. In MS I planned to do this by using a pointing gesture at a button on the thingy. If I knew more about medicine, I would know what to call the thingy; but that picture I linked to would be sufficient to give the indication (I think). Anything that could serve the purpose though would also work.

@DL: I'm not in a time crunch for this at all, so any time in the next few weeks would be great. I'm trying to get two short projects done before July. If Lucinda already has something then I'm all set (no pun intended).

Thanks! You guys are the best biggrin.gif

rgr

Yes I can rig one of those up by using photo realing. In The Man, I made that bomb by using photo realing. I also made the computers in the bank with photo realing. That is wrapping a photo around a shape and it looks very realistic and is very low poly and also quick and easy to do. I am finishing up the Medieval props, New York City and Washington DC right now. And I am doing my own Jefferson Memorial for DC so it will be a couple of hours before I am finished with that one.

#6 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 6 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I can rig one of those up by using photo realing. In The Man, I made that bomb by using photo realing. I also made the computers in the bank with photo realing. That is wrapping a photo around a shape and it looks very realistic and is very low poly and also quick and easy to do. I am finishing up the Medieval props, New York City and Washington DC right now. And I am doing my own Jefferson Memorial for DC so it will be a couple of hours before I am finished with that one.

You are awesome, as always! Also, "The Man" is a great nickname for that movie smile.gif

rgr

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (rgr @ Jun 6 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are awesome, as always! Also, "The Man" is a great nickname for that movie smile.gif

rgr

Well I should get on it today. Have to finish up these mods, do a 30 second clip and then I will work on your mod and get the hospital pack ready.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

Thought i would let you know that while I am spending hours waiting for Iclone to render a 15 second clip (I am not kidding about this), I am working on your life support machine. I have to build one. Can't do one photo realing because I could not find a good enough photo to use. So it is going to be more high poly mostly because of all the tubes and things but it should work fine. Should have it finished tomorrow.

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Here is your hospital addon. I did the life support machine and the tube. The tube is a separate prop so you can have it look like it is in the patient's mouth and attached to the life support machine.

I didn't make the bed, table or chair but they are included.

And you can download it here. It is pretty hi poly, especially the tube but it does work fine in my program.

Hospital Addon

#10 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

Excellent work again Lucinda.

I just downloaded your addon.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (EugeneE @ Jun 11 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent work again Lucinda.

I just downloaded your addon.

Thanks, I was quite pleased the bed fit. I had to lower it a lot but with the gizmo of course in Moviestorm that is no problem. I used a Moviestorm bed and had her lie down and then hid the bed and then I positioned everything after she was laying down.

#12 leandrugo

leandrugo

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

thank for your mod! I'm a beginner of this software...How can i put a character on the bed?

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (leandrugo @ May 30 2013, 2:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank for your mod! I'm a beginner of this software...How can i put a character on the bed?

The way you put a character on a bed or on a chair is that for the bed, you open one of the Moviestorm beds and place it on the hospital bed, then you have the patient lay on that bed, then you hide the Moviestorm bed and it won't show when you render your movie. Same thing with a chair, you use a Moviestorm chair and put it on the addon chair.

#14 leandrugo

leandrugo

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I got it! thank you so much!!

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 30 2013, 9:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The way you put a character on a bed or on a chair is that for the bed, you open one of the Moviestorm beds and place it on the hospital bed, then you have the patient lay on that bed, then you hide the Moviestorm bed and it won't show when you render your movie. Same thing with a chair, you use a Moviestorm chair and put it on the addon chair.

#15 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (leandrugo @ Jun 4 2013, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got it! thank you so much!!

Good, glad you were able to do this. It is really pretty easy to do.

#16 toodle

toodle

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yes it is! I am able to do it too.

Toodles

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (toodle @ Jun 4 2013, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it is! I am able to do it too.

Toodles

Have you made any movies with Moviestorm? I looked at your channel page and you don't have any movies uploaded.

#18 toodle

toodle

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 6 2013, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you made any movies with Moviestorm? I looked at your channel page and you don't have any movies uploaded.

I can't believe you are putting me down for not making any movies. I am trying to learn. I thought people might be nicer here to new users.

#19 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I wasn't putting you down. I just wondered if you had made movies but uploaded them to other places. And you have been a member since 2011 but I guess you weren't on here much until now.