• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

We’ve just released a small update. You’ll get it as soon as you start Moviestorm. Most of it’s just minor bug fixes, but there’s one key change.

You can now try any content pack, absolutely free, for seven days. You can then buy it or rent it for a month if you want to continue using it. Day rentals of packs are no longer available.

This means you can experiment with all sorts of different movies, from music to science fiction, romance or crime. If you like, try the whole lot at once and see which packs work together. You can come up with some surprising combinations of costumes, animations and sets. Skeletons playing guitars? Cops in love? Cartoon animal gangsters? The President doing karaoke? A zombie talk show? Why not? Then, when you know what’s available, pick the packs that work for you. You can get content packs via the Marketplace or inside Moviestorm, just as before.

Most of the changes in Moviestorm 1.4.1.1 affect the launcher and content pack installation. The launcher is now much quicker, so you can start making movies sooner. It will also download new content packs in the background, so you can carry on with what you were doing instead of having to wait for the packs to come down. When all downloads are complete, you can restart Moviestorm and install them when it’s convenient for you. Also on the launcher, you’ll see a notification if you have any messages waiting for you. Click on the icon to read them in your Web browser.

Full release notes
The Moviestorm Team

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

The Moviestorm Launcher will now show a notification if you have new personal messages. Click the notification to be taken to the Moviestorm website, where you can read your messages.

This is a nice idea.

#3 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

I like the idea of no more 1 day rental and instead a weeks free trial of any pack, for me this makes more sense as at the moment I have an odd 480 points, as I spent 20 points renting the two fliters pack for a day or 2 to try them, instead of 500 points that I could use to buy one of the cheaper packs, as ultimately I prefer to own the packs I use/need.

At least in future I can now try out new packs for a decent period of time to see if they have stuff in them I would use.

#4 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

WOW! I really like this deal, and I think it's a good way to promote your packs!

I've bought like... seven 3 month subscription and I'm buying more just to get the points. To me rental is a waste of points, but this lets me check them out a little first. In the end I'll be getting them all (except the sound ones since I can make my own music)
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#5 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Am I blind? I see exactly where to do this inside the MovieStorm software.

But I do not see where to do this with the MarketPlace on the site?

But thanks again, this is a welcome addition to things. Now I can get to work 7 days before I'm ready to buy an asset!
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/