• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

learning this modding thing ... ok, I opened the female IDLE into fragmo, did an animation (simple), just kicks her leg up and back. Then I exported as an MS3D file. I opened that file into Misfit. And the animation plays in fragmo and misfit. I exported the animation from misfit as a .cal file, following the instructions from Nahton's exporting from fragmo to misfit export, etc. Then put in the folders where it was suppose to go. Opened modders workshop, and did the female01, chose the animation, she did the animation but went disorted.  :o

What did I do wrong, or what happened? Thanks for any assistance.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5343 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

Sounds like a skeleton problem. Maybe you don't have all the vertices assigned to a bone? 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:27 AM

Hmm.. Ok. How do I do that? Or where do I do that? Thanks

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5343 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Hmm.. Ok. How do I do that? Or where do I do that? Thanks

I'm afraid it is different in Milkshape but Nahton or Jamoram will be able to help you. 

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thank you, primaveranz, appreciate your time. Have a good day.

#6 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Hi Prim,

I am trying to use my animation female kicking in milkshape, and it shows the animaton. So I am trying to export it from milkshape. I first exported as FemaleKicking.csf, and then Female Kicking.caf, when I go to export the next file, the Mesh file, a window pops up and when I get to Step 2, I don't know what I should assign for the bone assignment??? I've been trying to search the forum for any solutions or tutorials on this.

Thanks for any help or direction you can point me.

~M

Added edit: I just noticed, the leg kicks backwards. Ugh. In fragmo it kicks the right way. Seems I can't get the jest of this. Maybe I'll just hang it up for now. No need for the bone assigment if my animation isn't working in Milksape anyway. Thanks anyhow. Happy Holidays to you and everyone here!

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5343 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

Hi Prim,

I am trying to use my animation female kicking in milkshape, and it shows the animaton. So I am trying to export it from milkshape. I first exported as FemaleKicking.csf, and then Female Kicking.caf, when I go to export the next file, the Mesh file, a window pops up and when I get to Step 2, I don't know what I should assign for the bone assignment??? I've been trying to search the forum for any solutions or tutorials on this.

Thanks for any help or direction you can point me.

~M

Added edit: I just noticed, the leg kicks backwards. Ugh. In fragmo it kicks the right way. Seems I can't get the jest of this. Maybe I'll just hang it up for now. No need for the bone assigment if my animation isn't working in Milksape anyway. Thanks anyhow. Happy Holidays to you and everyone here!

Sadly I seem to remember that the skeleton has to be in a different orientations in Fragmo and Milkshape (I may be wrong there). IIRC in "Front" view in Milkshape the figure has to be lying flat on its face with its head towards you, so that when you export it it would be in the correct orientation for Moviestorm and the animation would go in the right direction. 

I used to do all my work in Milkshape (this was one of the very first user-made animations for which I followed Reachers instructions) 

http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=106452

In Milkshape you would go into the "Joints" tab, select a joint, then select all the vertices that you wanted to link and press "Assign". It was possible to "weight" the assignment so that a vertex could be assigned say 75% to one bone and 25% to another, but I rarely did that. and MS can only accept a maximum of four bones for one vertex. I think Misfit (or Fragmo) had the ability to "auto assign" where you pressed a button and each vertex would be assigned to the nearest bone. But that seemed to flash for me ;)

You could always send me the Fragmo amd Milkshape models and I could see if I can fix it. I'll PM you my email address.

#8 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sadly I seem to remember that the skeleton has to be in a different orientations in Fragmo and Milkshape (I may be wrong there). IIRC in "Front" view in Milkshape the figure has to be lying flat on its face with its head towards you, so that when you export it it would be in the correct orientation for Moviestorm and the animation would go in the right direction. 

I used to do all my work in Milkshape (this was one of the very first user-made animations for which I followed Reachers instructions) 

http://www.moviestor...w&vid_id=106452

In Milkshape you would go into the "Joints" tab, select a joint, then select all the vertices that you wanted to link and press "Assign". It was possible to "weight" the assignment so that a vertex could be assigned say 75% to one bone and 25% to another, but I rarely did that. and MS can only accept a maximum of four bones for one vertex. I think Misfit (or Fragmo) had the ability to "auto assign" where you pressed a button and each vertex would be assigned to the nearest bone. But that seemed to flash for me ;)

You could always send me the Fragmo amd Milkshape models and I could see if I can fix it. I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks, and I'll respond to your PM. Just mainly wanting to make sure I can get it right before proceeding with more. Appreciate your time and response.

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5343 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

I just had a quick look and the skeleton is in the correct orientation and all the vertices are assigned OK. What is stranger is that the kick is going forward when I run it in Milkshape or Misfit. are you sure you have a problem there? 

#10 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Maybe it looked like it in Milkshape. The top right corner looked like it was going backwards to me. Still not familiar with milkshape.

Just need to figure out the steps to get into MS without distortion after importing.

At work until tonight before I can do anything.

Thanks Prim.

#11 TheBroomOfDoom

TheBroomOfDoom

Director

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

Hello. I am still getting used to all this animating stuff. I was wondering if you could link me to all the tutorials you mentioned. (Reacher's and Nathon's exporting to misfit.)

Free Addons: https://www.mediafir...7w6p/Moviesotrm

Is 11 too young for Moviestorm? Yes, it's against the rules. Shhhhh!!!!

Addon Vault: https://www.mediafir...506d0b547668a28

#12 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hi BOD

I don't know where to find Reachers tutorial(s). What I have found, th elinks no longer work for his tutorial(s).

Left Nahton's link for you on other forum reply.

~M

Yes, a learning process for sure. 

#13 TheBroomOfDoom

TheBroomOfDoom

Director

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Yes, a learning process for sure. 

You can say that again!

Free Addons: https://www.mediafir...7w6p/Moviesotrm

Is 11 too young for Moviestorm? Yes, it's against the rules. Shhhhh!!!!

Addon Vault: https://www.mediafir...506d0b547668a28

#14 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

I created a new animation, and finally that one works in modders workshop. Then I publish it, and close, go to Start MS, and create an empty set, but when I go to choose the female, as the animation was made with  female, I get this in a popup window:

Unknown Hud Component in Dressing Room Director

Unknown component requested from director character selector. 

LOL  :rolleyes:

It seems Reachers tutorial is no longer available. I'd love to have a look at that if it were.  :)

Note: And the skeleton I used during cal export was the one Amos did in the Max to Moviestorm - Gestures.

#15 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Update

Ok, after searching thru the forums and finding info here and there, don't recall all, but I finally figured out why I got the "Unknown Hud Component in Dressing Room Director"

message. Had the remove the .csf file. 

Anyhow, just trying to figure out the State Machine thing. So cuurently messing around with that. Hopefully I'll get it figured out. But that's where I am at the moment. lol