• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Does anyone know of any gestures where a character can be standing or sitting at a terminal or console and working? (pushing buttons, typing, etc... Free or pay.

Thanks

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

Try this:- http://moddingstorm....Computers.shtml

And Jamoram might have something hidden in his treasure chest ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for the reply. I actually ran across that mod already. I was thinking something more like working on a touch screen or console like interface. Like you might imagine a character would do in a scifi environment. Standing next to a console and working on it. Not so much like using a keyboard. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

Yes I do. I'm sure I have seen something like this somewhere but I can't remember where, hopefully someone else can help..

BTW if you are considering Sci-Fi don't overlook Jamoram's Body scanner, laser blasts and Teleporter. 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

I will check those out for sure. Hopefully someone has seen/made something like this gesture already. Otherwise, I will have to look into modding the gesture which hopefully wont be too hard.

Actually, this Vertically held iPad/Tablet gesture is very close to what I am looking for, but rather than holding a pad and using one hand, I would like no pad/tablet and using both hands to do the gesture.

#6 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hi mcarman...

Primaveranz is right, I've seen something like that too. I also might have a couple of addons you could use. Several different consoles with computers and flashing lights. Those type of Sci-Fi props.

I'll look and get back to you tomorrow.

Brian

P.S. in the meantime you can look in the Addon Vault:   https://1drv.ms/f/s!...bq9aWbtt5SIswyY

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

A possible approach, always available and pretty cheap, is combining the point at an invisible prop trick in combination with a savvy choice of the camera angle.

In this quick-and-dirty demo, puppets are pointing and looking at an invisible pill bottle placed on an navmesh, to create the swap gesture.

https://drive.google...U0QxWEl0YVlZb2c

Anyway, I agree an interactive workstation with an assorted range of animations would be an interesting thing to work on.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#8 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

Thanks Brian, I did look at the addon vault. great resource. I am noticing that many of the mod hosting sites are no longer accessible which is a bummer. I have also been trying to find pac1234's airplane cabin. it looked really nice but cant find it hosted anymore.

Yes Jam nice example. Its like only having half the resource if you have a console to use but no gesture to use it. I just picked up moviestorm (after watching it for a long time) It is very easy to use. I am looking into how to do some of the gesture mods. If I have the time and put something together I'll let you guys know. I just didn't want to duplicate work if something already existed.

Thanks

#9 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

Hi mcarman...

it is frustrating trying to find props and gestures that match up for a scene. You said you saw "pac1234's airplane cabin" but couldn't find it. Do you think "Pak1234 Flight Deck.addon" would help you? If so it's in the vault. 

Brian

#10 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

I downloaded that addon, and unfortunately, its just the flight deck, there are no passenger area props like what he had shown in his screenshots. I was hopeful on that one but alas its not the cabin.

Ill continue searching, but if I cant find it there is a suitable alternative: http://www.moviestor...383&hl=airplane that I found. Its not free though but not too expensive either.