• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

For some time now I have been getting an error every time I try to like a post.  Says I have reached my quota even though I have never been able to even like once.

A glitch in the system?

Also, I would like to be able to post a picture right into the post instead of adding it as an attachment.  I don't have a url for it so can't use that option.

Attached Files

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

For some time now I have been getting an error every time I try to like a post.  Says I have reached my quota even though I have never been able to even like once.

A glitch in the system?

Ever since the last major update of the servers, it has never worked for me either, and I think for nobody else.

Also, I would like to be able to post a picture right into the post instead of adding it as an attachment.  I don't have a url for it so can't use that option.

I think those are the only options you're given:

1. Attaching it to the post, and counting against the total quota for attachments per user.
  2. As a link to a file hosted in another server. I use to upload the image file to some free server in the cloud and paste the shared link the server gives me.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

I think those are the only options you're given:

1. Attaching it to the post, and counting against the total quota for attachments per user.
  2. As a link to a file hosted in another server. I use to upload the image file to some free server in the cloud and paste the shared link the server gives me.

I used to use a file storage service but then they started charging so I dropped them.  Might look for a new one.

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Google Drive fits the bill for me. So far I've filled just 3 GB of the 15 GB they give for free.

To be honest, I don't make a heavy use of storage in the cloud (have an ADSL connection so upload speeds are ridiculous, and don't want to rely on online storage services for my really important stuff), and from time to time I make some tidying up.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I get the same message as well about Liking posts. :)

#6 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

I tested it and I get that message also.