#21 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Walvince @ May 31 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was MS Staff aware of this? huh.gif laugh.gif

I did get a good job comment from them. I assume I am only discovering how to use bits of a feature they are slowly developing towards release.

I really want to have some fantasy costume elements now. Pointy gnome hats, better wings, etc.

You can attach many characters to one mesh, and achieve "grouping" that way. That will make them all have the same coords for interactions as well.

#22 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Walvince @ May 31 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was MS Staff aware of this? huh.gif laugh.gif

Not till you all started making videos about it.

So consider this a warning - this behaviour may well change in the (eventual) patch with the actually finished the nav-mesh code.
So if your movie is dependant on it, it might be worth having an extra version of Moviestorm that you dont update untill you know how things work in a new version.

Tis cool, though.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#23 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

Here's some thing else you can do with this clever find.

Regards
David

Its only very short, but I think you will get the idea wink.gif
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=101968

Moviestorm still Number One

#24 onstage

onstage

Film Critic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi guys
i have a problem
i did all steps from 1 to 10 but when i try to place my puppet on the poly and click on poly it just give me 2 option 1.look at the poly 2.point at the poly but when i click on ground it let me to place my character.
what's wrong?

#25 onstage

onstage

Film Critic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hi
i found that
just select "can stack" in properties tab

#26 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:13 AM

Here is an extra little (or big) bonus to using this scaling technique.

Any hand-held prop will also scale. Go ahead, make a giant with a gun and have him point it at the tiny human. It works pretty well. Your giant will actually lower the gun to get a bead on the puny human. tongue.gif

#27 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

It pays off to read these messages that GUESTS are reading. I didn't even remember this. I wonder if this will work with Moviestorm 1.5.2. I might give it a try.

#28 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5380 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

It won't. wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#29 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It pays off to read these messages that GUESTS are reading. I didn't even remember this. I wonder if this will work with Moviestorm 1.5.2. I might give it a try.

How soon we forget.smile.gif

This thing that, (from other topics I had read on this subject), worked extremely well for this, scared the programmers because of its potential to cause problems elsewhere.

I am unfamiliar with any problems it caused being discussed. Only the fear that it could. smile.gif

I'm still not sure why MS never took the easy path to making children workable on a temp basis by allowing this to work once again. Many of us have repeatedly said we don't actually need the characters to be able to interact with adults as much as we need the presence of children for scenes where their absence is a detriment.

Most interactions between adults must be faked anyway. There are very few actual interactions between two puppets. None for more than two. So we already fake it in that respect.

As for prop interactions, if characters on a nav mesh scaled I would expect that props would as well.

My nickel's worth.smile.gif

Hopefully they''ll have this resolved this year anyway.
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#30 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

I agree with you Corthew. With the animated puppets i created like the babies and children, I was pretty well able to make it look like they were interacting with the adults, for instance, as long as the Moviestorm puppet wasn[t walking, I could make it look like the puppet was holding the baby. Now if we could hide Moviestorm held props, since it is possible to attach a user made prop like an animated baby to a Moviestorm held prop, then the puppet could have movement while holding the baby.

#31 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Mar 8 2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now if we could hide Moviestorm held props, since it is possible to attach a user made prop like an animated baby to a Moviestorm held prop, then the puppet could have movement while holding the baby.

Since held props currently work for the hands I see no reason why one of your babies could not be done as a held prop actually.

Picking up the baby could involve the character leaning over, (like over a crib) and reaching down at which point the baby would become visible in the hands.

Picking up, burping, cradling, breast-feeding and returning animations would be needed as well as any others you would want.

Its a bit complex but it could be done. I'm not sure I'm the one for that though. Not yet anyway.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#32 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Good idea Corthew. I have not yet gotten into animating the Moviestorm Skeletons as I have been too busy but when I get Vautrin finished, I think I will concentrate on learning that and then be able to make a baby a held prop.