• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Last Sunday I was procrastinating, as usual, not willing to resume work on a complex held prop I'm working on for my next silly short.

I asked myself: "What does Moviestorm need?". Suddenly, while reading a post in another forum, I experimented an epiphany: what Moviestorm does really need are boobs, of the bouncing kind. I've seen no that kind of things ever in any movie created with Moviestorm, and have read of no mods for repairing such a regrettable omission. iClone has them -plenty of them if you're really into springies- and it's a shame Moviestorm doesn't.

So I commited to such a history-changing task. It shouldn't to be that hard.  For one thing, the standard skeleton for female puppets has breast bones, and there are a number of vertices in the puppet mesh bound to them, so they must be there for some good reason. In just a couple of minutes, I'd my proof of concept ready.

The link that follows will lead you to a clip demostrating the effected achieved (PLEASE take into account that the animation was merely preliminary and would need to be refined and the screen capture itself is not very good either -the real animation doesn't look that jerky!):

https://drive.google...SWlWTTktMnBONjA

So a few minutes later I had arranged all the stuff Moviestorm requires to create a mod with some working gesture animation inside, and there we go.

Launched MS, created a new movie, selected a kind lady volunteering to test my morally questionable figment, placed her on the set, opend the Gestures menu, that submenu full of unconfessable secrets and... Nothing happened!

Well, don't panic... Maybe this body in particular has that vertices bound to other bones, so let's try another. Same result: nothing, not even a minimally perceptible commotion in the area.  Finally tried a body I was sure the vertices were correctly bound to the right darn bones. Again, nothing.

So I went back, checking every step in the process, but so far I have found no reason for the boobs refusing to bounce and bring some extra life to Moviestorm.

Anyway, don't despair, I'll keep trying.

Besides, how is that you're so interested in the subject to read thru all this post until its very end?

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

I expect those MS females are wearing firm support garments of the sort pictured here;

01-vns-9603.jpg

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

:)

Well, that would be very bad: no hope left for us longing for a realistic simulation when walking, jogging and so on...

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#4 BrianGray

BrianGray

Director

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

Glad to see your hard at work making the simple things that make life fun.

#5 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

Glad to see your hard at work making the simple things that make life fun.

Thank you, Brian.

Sometimes what appears to be a piece of cake will spoil your teeth in the end. I'm intrigued and would love to know why it's not working :huh:

#6 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

:D  :D  :D

I would prefer to be able to change the size of the breasts, because depending on the clothes you put on the dolls, they may have very large or very small breasts, would not it be possible to change the size of a woman's breasts even if she changed her dress?

And on the other hand Is it possible to show the naked torso of an actor, with his shirt open?

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

:D  :D  :D

I would prefer to be able to change the size of the breasts, because depending on the clothes you put on the dolls, they may have very large or very small breasts, would not it be possible to change the size of a woman's breasts even if she changed her dress?

It's a question of differing points of view.

As for the user-settable resizing of breasts, or any other part of the body or head, it's done by creating a set of a least two (morphable) meshes (eg, plain breasted and extra large personal deployed airbag) for the section, so you may define a slider to set the shape (and size and/or position) this part actually has, by interpolation between the meshes.

The problem is this device (the morphing meshes and the slider) has to be created separately for each and every bodypart (ie, every dress) you want to be morphable. It can't be implemented as a general setting in the dress room.

And on the other hand Is it possible to show the naked torso of an actor, with his shirt open?

Yes, but the usual common way to get it done would be by creating a specific body/dress, or with a bit of luck and if possible at all, retexturing an existent body.

Nevertheless, another much more elegant and flexible approach is possible: using a naked (preferably with morphing sliders for torso, abdomen, etc) puppet as the base, and then applying an open shirt accessory.

#8 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

Ok :)

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die